Application for the Trudeau Foundation Grants for International Students in Canada – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation in Canada.
The mission of the foundation is to encourage emerging talent by awarding programs to the most talented doctoral students in Canada and abroad.The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation provides; $40,000 per year for three years; $20,000 per year for three years, as research and travel allowance; Opportunity for a fourth year: writing or dissemination study; Advice from a mentor from various spheres of Canadian public life, starting the second year of the study; Development of leadership potential; Support from an outstanding community of scholars, fellows and mentors, and opportunities for interaction with 350 leaders and personalities in every sector of the humanities and social sciences; Involvement in a lively exchange with other researchers or scholars and a keen interest in contributing to public dialogue; Collaboration with Trudeau mentors, fellows, and scholars on interdisciplinary projects going beyond their own field of expertise; Sharing of innovative ideas at events organized by or in conjunction with the Foundation.
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation is an independent and non-partisan charity established in 2001 as a living memorial to the former prime minister by his family, friends, and colleagues.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
TRUDEAU FOUNDATION GRANTS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applications are open to students from all around the world.
- Doctoral program will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Full-time first or second-year students enrolled (or in the process of enrolling) in a doctoral program in the humanities and social sciences; and
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents enrolled full-time in a doctoral program in Canada, or Canadian citizens enrolled full-time in a doctoral program outside of Canada.
- Up to one scholar in four per given year may be a foreign national enrolled full-time in a doctoral program at a Canadian institution. This applies in particular to students from emerging nations.
- Canadian and international students can apply for Trudeau foundation grants.
- These are available for pursuing PhD. program.
- Humanities and social sciences, and specifically one or more of the Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada in the World, People and their Natural Environment.
- Full-time first or second-year students enrolled (or in the process of enrolling) in a doctoral program in the humanities and social sciences can apply.
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
TRUDEAU FOUNDATION GRANTS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Students must be recommended by a Canadian or foreign university. They should consult their university for more information on the university’s internal selection process and deadlines, which vary from one institution to another. Files sent directly by a student will be automatically declined by the Foundation.
Application must include:
- To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the previous transcripts at the university.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 22, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below