Application for the Turning the Tide Scholarships for International Students in South Africa- 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Stellenbosch University in South Africa.
The grants are available for worldwide students who want to apply for the masters and PhD degree programme in South Africa. Stellenbosch University is funding an award of up to 400 000 ZAR (PhD) and up to 105 000 ZAR (MA) for the outstanding students at the university for the academic year 2021/2022.
The Stellenbosch University is amongst South Africa’s leading tertiary institutes based on research products, learner pass rates, determined scientists, and known globally as an academic institute of excellence.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
TURNING THE TIDE SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All nationalities
- Masters and PhD degree in Cultural Studies, English Literature, ESL & English Language, Psychology, Music
- Applicants should have obtained a minimum of 75% for their previous degree;
- Applicants are expected to provide a sample of their writing with their application: MA thesis for PhD applicants Honours research essay for MA applicants any published academic articles related to your application;
- At the date of application, applicants must not be older than 30 years to apply for a Master’s scholarship and not older than 35 to apply for a PhD scholarship;
- Students are not required to be registered or to have a supervisor. They should, however, inform themselves with regard to the availability of supervisors in their particular field of research before submitting an application.
- Scholars holding an offer letter for their degree with unique curricular criteria and must meet the requirements of eligibility.
- If English is not your first language, you will need to show that your English language skills are high enough to succeed in your studies.
TURNING THE TIDE SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- A motivation letter (no longer than 600 words);
- A preliminary research proposal, no longer than 1000 words, underlining the unique contribution your research will make to the existing body of knowledge in the particular field of study, the problem statement, the methodology / theoretical framework / philosophical underpinnings you intend to use and the feasibility of your study;
- A certified copy of your full academic transcript;
- A certified copy of your Honours or MA degree certificate – or foreign equivalent (if you have completed the qualification but have not yet obtained the certificate, official proof from the institution concerned that the degree will be delivered before March 2021);
- A certified copy of your South African ID or passport (for international students).
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before October 31, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below