Application for the TWAS-NRF Doctoral Fellowship for Developing Countries Students in South Africa – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the World Academy of Sciences in South Africa.
In partnership with South Africa’s National Research Foundation (NRF) and Department of Science and Technology (DST), the educational award is designed for international aspirants and prepares young scientists for developing the world. NRF will provide travel to and from South Africa, a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation, food and health insurance.
The World Academy of Sciences is a merit-based science academy uniting 1,000 scientists in some 70 countries. Its principal aim is to promote scientific capacity and excellence for sustainable development in the South.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
100 PHD STUDENTSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Must have obtained a minimum of 65% at the masters’ level to apply for doctoral funding
- Must register at a South African public university in 2021, on a full-time basis and may be based at any South African public research institution including Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), Science Councils and National Research Facilities
- Must be a maximum of 32 years of age by 31 December of the year of application
- Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrai, Bangladesh,Barbados,Belarus,Belize,Benin,Bhutan,Bolivia,Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Rep., Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Eswatini, Kingdom of Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala,Guinea,Guinea Equatorial,Guinea-Bissau,Guyana,Haiti,Honduras,India,Indonesia,Iran, Isl. Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, DPR, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives,Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Federated States of Moldova, Republic of Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Republic of Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestine (West Bank and Gaza Strip),Panama, Papua New, Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Taiwan, China,Tajikistan,Tanzania,Thailand,Timor-Leste,Togo,Tonga,Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab, Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- PhD degree in Agricultural Sciences, Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biological Systems and Organisms, Medical and Health Sciences inch Neurosciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Physics
- For studying this program, you must have a master’s degree in a field of natural sciences.
- If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
100 PHD STUDENTSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Candidates must have to register themselves in a postdoctoral degree program at any university in South Africa. After registering they can apply for the grant through the online application submission.
Application must include:
- Applicants must provide an official letter from their host South African institution, department or laboratory and motivation from the applicant’s host. It is the responsibility of the applicant to contact the respective institution to apply for acceptance and English language proficiency certificate.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before August 14, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below