Application for the UCL Overseas Research Scholarships in UK – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the University College London in UK.
UCL (University College London) is London’s leading multidisciplinary university, with 11000 staff, 35000 students and an annual income of over £1bn. The grants consist of fee funding to cover the difference between Overseas and UK/EU tuition fees. UCL-ORS recipients who do not have any other fee funding will receive additional UCL funding to cover the UK/EU tuition fees for the duration of the ORS award. Awards are tenable for years 1, 2, and 3 of a full-time MPhil/PhD/EngD degree programme subject to annual review and renewal.
Applicants must be holding or expecting to achieve at least an upper second-class Honours UK undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
UCL OVERSEAS RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- in receipt of an offer of admission to, or currently registered at, UCL on a full- or part-time research degree programme.
- liable to pay tuition fees at the overseas rate (Overseas fees status), and holding or expecting to achieve at least an upper second-class Honours UK undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
UCL OVERSEAS RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- You must submit a complete application for admission onto a research degree programme by the specified deadline. You do not need to have secured an offer of a place at UCL in order to apply for the opportunity , but you must have submitted your admission application.
- The mandatory documents are as follows:
- Research Scholarship cover sheet (download the Research Scholarship cover sheet)
- CV – Please make sure your CV is up to date and lists all publications, past/current prizes, awards and scholarships.
- A lay summary of your research proposal, on a Word or PDF document (max. 200 words). When writing your research proposal/outline please note that the selection panel members are not likely to be specialists in your subject. Please describe clearly – in a language which can be understood by academics from any discipline – the aim of your research, the methodology you will use and the potential significance of this study to your discipline. It is extremely important that you pay attention to this summary and write in as clear language as possible as it may significantly affect the outcome of your application. The proposal should be written by you, not your supervisor or any other member of academic department staff.
- Academic transcripts – Please ensure that each academic transcript submitted includes clarification on the grading scale/range of grades possible for that degree.
- 2 References – Reference number 1 should relate to your most recently completed university programme/degree (or the one you intend to complete, if applicable) and can be the same referee who submitted a reference as part of your admission application. Please use this Reference Form for reference number 1. Reference number 2 should relate to your current or intended research programme/project, for which you are seeking funding. This reference must be provided by your research supervisor at UCL.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 13, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below