Application for the UCLA Law – Sonke Health & Human Rights Fellowship for African Legal Professionals at the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law (UCLA Law) and Sonke Gender Justice Network (Sonke) in USA 2019 entry is now open.
Sonke’s vision is a world in which men, women and children can enjoy equitable, healthy and happy relationships that contribute to the development of just and democratic societies. Sonke Gender Justice works across Africa to strengthen government, civil society and citizen capacity to promote gender equality, prevent domestic and sexual violence, and reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
UCLA LAW – SONKE HEALTH & HUMAN RIGHTS FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- The UCLA Law – Sonke Health & Human Rights Fellowship is open to legal professionals and law graduates holding LL.B. degrees classified second class (division one) or higher from South African law school programmes.
- Competitive applicants will also have a demonstrated commitment to health, human rights, or gender equality, and work or volunteer experience in this area. Note that non-South African applicants must have a valid work permit.
- As a condition of the award, Fellows will be asked to certify that they will return to Africa upon completion of their LL.M. degree, and commit to a public interest career that promotes health, human rights, and gender equality in the African region for at least one year.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
UCLA LAW – SONKE HEALTH & HUMAN RIGHTS FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants must complete the online application for UCLA Law’s LL.M. programme and the supplemental application for the UCLA Law – Sonke Health & Human Rights Fellowship.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 1, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below