Application for the UCSF Medical Center Nutrition and Food Services Internships in USA – 2020/2021 Entry is now open at the UCSF Medical Center in USA.
Boston University’s most prestigious merit-based award recognizes students who show outstanding academic and leadership abilities.A Trustee program covers full undergraduate tuition plus the University orientation and mandatory undergraduate student fees and is renewable for four years if certain criteria are met.
Boston University is a private research university located in Boston, Massachusetts. The university is nonsectarian but is historically affiliated with the United Methodist Church.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
UCSF MEDICAL CENTER INTERNSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Completion of a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- Academic coursework must have been completed within three years before the date of entrance to the internship.
- Applicants will need to have completed or be in the process of completing an accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics, as specified by The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. A “Verification Statement” or “Declaration of Intent to Complete” form must be submitted online to DICAS by your program director.
- The GRE is required for application to the UCSF Medical Center Dietetic Internship. The GRE must have been completed within the last five years, as applicants must arrange with the GRE testing service to have an official score report sent to UCSF directly (the GRE testing service only keeps scores on record for five years). Note that the GRE is waived for applicants who have completed a graduate degree before the start date of the internship from a graduate school program that did not require the GRE for admission.
- A Verification Statement must be provided by the start date of the internship.
- UCSF Human Resources will conduct a background check for candidates matched to the UCSF Dietetic Internship at the student’s expense ($74). Candidates must pass the background check in order to enter the UCSF Medical Center Dietetic Internship. The background check may include a drug test.
- Interns must arrive in San Francisco before the internship start date to complete a mandatory health screening through UCSF Medical Center Occupational Health Services. Interns must arrive no later than July 14, 2014.
- Non-US citizens must provide proof of appropriate visa status. A non-US citizen must be approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for Optional Practice Training to complete a dietetic internship. It is the student’s responsibility to coordinate the OPT application with his or her DPD school.
UCSF MEDICAL CENTER INTERNSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants can download the application form with required documents such as
- Required competency level: all required learning experiences must be completed at an acceptable competency level in order to receive a Verification Statement documenting completion of the dietetic internship and establishing eligibility to sit for the CDR credentialing examination for registered dietitian nutritionists.
- Evaluation forms: evaluations from all practice learning experiences and applicable didactic learning experiences must be completed and turned in for the Intern to receive a Verification statement.
- Minimum supervised practice hours: a minimum of 1600 supervised practice hours must be completed.
Application must include:
- All the documents must be submitted to :
Jaclyn Brownlee-Cervantes, RD, CNSC, CSP
Coordinator, Dietetic Internship
Cevin Chao, MS, RD
Director, Dietetic Internship
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 15, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below