Application for the UGC Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme for International Students in Hong Kong – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the University Grants Committee in Hong Kong.
The program is open to attract the brightest students from all over the world to pursue the PhD degree program at a recognized Hong Kong university.The candidates will be awarded an annual stipend of HK$309,600 and a conference and a research-related travel allowance of HK$12,900 per year for each awardee for a period up to three years.
University Grants Committee is a semi-autonomous advisory body within the organizational structure of the Committee. It comprises accomplished academics and higher education administrators from outside Hong Kong.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
UGC HONG KONG PHD FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Aspirants from all countries.
- PhD degree in any subject.
- The applicant must seeking admission as new full-time PhD students in Hong Kong universities funded by the University Grants Committee (UGC), irrespective of their country of origin, and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply.
- Seekers are required to demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
- All aspirants must be competent in the use and understanding of written and spoken English.
- For enrolling in Doctoral program, applicants need to hold the master’s degree (or equivalent) from an approved institution with clear evidence of research ability or potential.
UGC HONG KONG PHD FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Interested candidates have to take admission in a bachelors or masters degree program at the university. Once they enroll in a course at the university, they will be automatically selected for the award.
Application must include:
- Students need to attach the personal statement, letter of motivation, letter of recommendation and a CV.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 30, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below