Application for the UGC Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme for International Students in Hong Kong – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the University Grants Committee in Hong Kong.
The program is open to attract the brightest students from all over the world to pursue the PhD degree program at a recognized Hong Kong university. The candidates will be awarded an annual stipend of HK$309,600 and a conference and a research-related travel allowance of HK$12,900 per year for each awardee for a period up to three years.
University Grants Committee is a semi-autonomous advisory body within the organizational structure of the Committee. It comprises accomplished academics and higher education administrators from outside Hong Kong
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
UGC PHD FELLOWSHIP SCHEME ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Aspirants from all countries.
- PhD degree in any subject.
- The applicant must seeking admission as new full-time PhD students in Hong Kong universities funded by the University Grants Committee (UGC), irrespective of their country of origin, and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply.
- Seekers are required to demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
- For enrolling in a Doctoral program, applicants need to hold the master’s degree (or equivalent) from an approved institution with clear evidence of research ability or potential.
- All aspirants must be competent in the use and understanding of written and spoken English.
UGC PHD FELLOWSHIP SCHEME APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- If you are excited towards this bursary then you are required to be registered as a PhD degree student at a recognized Hong Kong university. After taking affirmation, aspirants can complete the application form of the bursary which will be available on this link. After completing the application form, applicants should submit full applications to the proposed universities.
Application must include:
- Students need to attach the personal statement, letter of motivation, letter of recommendation, and a CV.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 1st September, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below