Application for the University of Birmingham Music Scholarships in UK – 2019 is now open at the University of Birmingham in the UK.
15 Music scholarships will be offered to new undergraduate students by the University of Birmingham. Applicants must be performing at a Grade 8 standard in instrumental or vocal studies and supply both documentary and video evidence of their performing standard.
Birmingham has been challenging and developing great minds for more than a century. Characterized by a tradition of innovation, research at the University has broken new ground, pushed forward the boundaries of knowledge and made an impact on people’s lives.
Each support will offer approximately 17 hours of musical tuition per year for three years. Tuition will be administered by the UoB Department of Music; tuition may be delivered either by tutors employed by the UoB Department of Music or at the Birmingham Conservatoire. This musical tuition will have a cash value of £1,000 per year or £3,000 over the lifetime of the award.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM MUSIC SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Students of UK can apply for these Music scholarships.
- The studentships are available for pursuing an undergraduate degree at the University of Birmingham.
- You must be classed as a “home” student (ie been normally resident in the UK for three years prior to the start of your course)
- You must have selected Birmingham as your “firm” choice following an offer of a place on a full-time undergraduate programme (other than a programme offered by the Department of Music) commencing in September 2018
- You must be performing at a Grade 8 standard in instrumental or vocal studies and supply both documentary and video evidence of your performing standard.
UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM MUSIC SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The mode of application is online. All applications must include:
- A copy of your grade 8 or diploma certificate and mark sheet (if you have not passed a grade 8 examination, we will accept a letter from your instrumental/vocal tutor attesting that you are performing at a grade 8 standard or above).
- Video evidence of your performing standard. This takes the form of two contrasting works taken from a recognized examination syllabus at either grade 8 or diploma level. We request videos are uploaded and submitted via YouTube, however, a compatible DVD is accepted.
- A copy of the sheet music from pieces that you have chosen to perform for your application.
- The additional materials above can be submitted via the online application form, via electronic attachments submitted via www.studenthelp.bham.ac.uk, by post or in person
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) on or before 3 May 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below