Application for the University of Ontario Institute of Technology Undergraduate Research Award in Canada 2019 Entry is now open for international students and Canadians at the University of Ontario Institute of Technology in Canada.
University of Ontario Institute of Technology is offering undergraduate research award for the students in different fields. Scholarships are available for the Canadian and international citizens.
The University of Ontario Institute of Technology Ridgebacks are members of Ontario University Athletics (OUA) and Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS), and compete in sports including rowing, curling, golf, badminton, and men’s and women’s hockey and soccer.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
UNIVERSITY OF ONTARIO INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH AWARD ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
UOIT Star Award: To apply, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or international student.
- Be a registered University of Ontario Institute of Technology student (at the time you apply) in a bachelor’s degree program.
- Have obtained, over the previous year of study, a cumulative average of at least a B- (70 per cent, 2.7 grade points).
- Have completed at least one full year of university course work (two full academic semesters) by the start of the research project (May 2018).
NSERC Award: To apply, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Be registered (at the time you apply) in a bachelor’s degree program at an eligible university.
- Have obtained, over the previous years of study, a cumulative average of at least a B- (70 per cent, 2.7 grade points).
- Have completed one full year of university course work.
- Hold one USRA per fiscal year (April 1 to March 31) and a maximum of three USRAs throughout their university career.
- Be registered in a bachelor’s degree at an eligible university in at least one of the two terms immediately previous to the award (graduating students are eligible to apply provided they will not have started a program of graduate studies in the natural sciences or engineering during the term of the award, May to August 2018).
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
UNIVERSITY OF ONTARIO INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH AWARD APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
You may apply to projects outside of your faculty, provided you hold the skills and qualifications identified in the project description. For example, students in the Faculty of Science may apply to projects listed in the Faculty of Health Sciences if they meet the qualifications listed in the project description.
Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 21, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below