Application for the University of Pretoria Doctoral Commonwealth Scholarships in South Africa – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the University of Pretoria in South Africa.
The 2020 call for the University of Pretoria Doctoral Commonwealth Scholarships for incoming students who wish to study at the University of Pretoria is open.
The value of this University of Pretoria Doctoral Commonwealth Scholarships will be R170 000 p.a. This amount must be used to cover the following student costs:
- Accommodation and living costs
- Fees p.a.
- Medical Aid
- Note: Research costs will be covered by the Supervisor
Additional costs covered by the University:
- Flight ticket to RSA from home country on proof of study permit.
- Return flight ticket to home country at the end of the programme as confirmed by the faculty.
- Shuttle service on arrival in South Africa from OR Tambo International Airport to Pretoria and return from Pretoria to OR Tambo on completion.
- UP application fee and Visa costs which will be refunded on proof of receipts on arrival.
- Costs not covered by the Institution: Family expenses AND Additional baggage expenses
The holder of this scholarship may hold supplementary external bursaries/ grants/scholarships.
The scholarship funding will be for a maximum period of support of three academic years. Awardee to complete the Doctoral studies within the minimum required period of three academic years. An extension request will only be considered under exceptional cases by the incumbent submitting a written motivation supported by the supervisor.
The University of Pretoria is a research intensive university. Hence, it is seeking candidates for doctoral studies who will make significant contributions to its research endeavor. As part of South Africa ‘s contribution to the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan, the University of Pretoria has made funds available for two doctoral scholarships for students coming from Commonwealth Countries (excluding South African students). This scholarship is known as the University of Pretoria Doctoral Commonwealth Scholarships and will be awarded on a competitive basis.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
UNIVERSITY OF PRETORIA DOCTORAL COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- The University of Pretoria Doctoral Commonwealth Scholarship will be awarded to applicants who are citizens of Commonwealth countries.
- Applicants must conduct their studies at the University of Pretoria to commence in 2020.
- Applicants must have completed the degree that will give them admission to a doctoral programme no more than two years prior to their application for the University of Pretoria Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship.
- Applicants must not be older than 35 years of age at the time of application.
- PhD and Masters students currently registered at the University of Pretoria are not eligible for the Doctoral Scholarship
UNIVERSITY OF PRETORIA DOCTORAL COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Participants are suggested to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage before applying
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 2nd September, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below