Application for the University of Sydney International Scholarships at the University of Sydney for the 2019 entry are now open.
The University of Sydney invites candidates who are eligible to undertake a Postgraduate Research Degree or Master’s by Research program at this University to apply for the University of Sydney International Research Scholarship (USydIS). The objective of the USydIS is to attract top quality international postgraduate students to undertake research projects which will enhance the University’s research activities.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Be an international student commencing full time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at this University. Students may also be considered up until they have consumed a maximum of six months of course candidature.
- Be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within the areas of its current and emerging research strengths.
- Not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree, or, if undertaking a Research Master’s degree, not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master’s degree.
- Not have held an Australia Award scholarship within two years prior to commencing the RTP Fee Scholarship.
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
- Not previously have received an RTP Fee Scholarship, unless the previous scholarship was for a Master by Research degree that you have completed and you are now applying for a doctorate research degree.
- Not have previously considered for the scholarship up to 3 times within the last 5 years.
UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
There is no separate scholarship application form, to be considered for the scholarship you must submit an application for admission to your research degree. Scholarship applications are welcome through out the year but only available for both the March (Research Period 2) and July (Research Period 3).