Application for the UQ International PhD Scholarship in Australia – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the University of Queensland in UK.
The bursaries are part of a new project funded by Oracle Labs Australia to model and verify sophisticated compiler optimizations in the Graal Java compiler. The scholarship value is $40,000 per annum tax-free for three years, with the possibility of two 6-month extensions at the standard RTP rate ($28,092 per annum, indexed annually) in approved circumstances.
Established in 1909, the University of Queensland is the fifth oldest public research university in Australia. It offers associate, bachelor, master, doctoral, and higher doctorate degrees for international students.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
UQ PHD SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- A bachelor’s degree with at least honours class IIA or equivalent from approved universities, which includes a relevant research component.
- An honours or research master’s degree in computer science.
- A coursework master’s degree and an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale, which includes a relevant research component.
- A postgraduate degree of at least one year full-time equivalent with an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.0 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honours IIA will be considered for PhD entry on a case by case basis.
- A bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of documented relevant research experience, including research publications.
- Applications are accepted from around the globe.
- The The studentships are awarded to pursue a PhD program in the subject area of engineering and computing.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of some knowledge of compilers and intermediate representations.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
UQ PHD SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- Applicants must have to upload a CV, an academic transcript for all post-secondary study undertaken, certificates, copy of passport and contact details from two referees with their applications.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before June 30, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below