HARVARD SESSIONAL DATES FOR 2023 ACADEMIC SESSIONSThe academic calendar for the 2023 academic session as approved by the Senate of Harvard College
JANUARY 3, TUESDAY
- University offices reopen.
- Winter recess ends.
JANUARY 4, WEDNESDAY
- Spring term online check-in opens in my.harvard.
JANUARY 11, WEDNESDAY
- Deadline for all students, including special students and visiting fellows, to check in for the spring 2023 term. Students who fail to check in through my.harvard by 11:59 p.m. EST. will be charged a late check-in fee of $50.
- Course registration opens to allow enrolling in spring 2023 courses.
JANUARY 16, MONDAY
- University Holiday: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
JANUARY 17, TUESDAY
- Deadline for electronic submission of approved dissertations to ProQuest ETD for March 2023 degree candidates.
JANUARY 19, THURSDAY
- Spring full-term course registration for all students due. Students must submit enrollments for a minimum course load (typically 16 credits) at my.harvard by 11:59 p.m. EST. Students who do not submit full-time enrollments by this date will be charged a $40 late registration fee for each week late. If the delay is a result of circumstances beyond control, please fill out a late fee waiver request and send to the Office of Student Affairs for review and processing.
JANUARY 23, MONDAY
- Spring term begins. First meeting of spring term courses.
- Spring 1 session begins (only applies to coursework at the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health).
JANUARY 24, TUESDAY
- Degree recommendations for academic programs for March 2023 degree candidates due
JANUARY 30, MONDAY
- After this date, students must obtain permission from all instructors to enroll in courses.
JANUARY 31, TUESDAY
- Spring Harvard University Student Health Insurance Plan waiver application due.
- January@GSAS ends.
FEBRUARY 6, MONDAY (3RD MONDAY)
- Deadline to add or drop a spring course in my.harvard without paying a $10 late add/drop fee
- Make-up examinations for fall 2022 term begin.
FEBRUARY 8, WEDNESDAY
- Make-up examinations for fall 2022 term end.
FEBRUARY 20, MONDAY
- University Holiday: President’s Day
FEBRUARY 21, TUESDAY
- Last day students from other Schools may file cross-registration petitions for spring term with the FAS Registrar’s Office. Some schools have earlier deadlines.
FEBUARY 28, TUESDAY
- Enrollment deadline for fall term HUSHP coverage for dependents
MARCH 6, MONDAY (7TH MONDAY)
- Last day to add (or enroll in) spring 2023 courses. To add a course after this date an approved Petition to Add must be submitted to the Office of Student Affairs.
- Last day to change to or from SAT/UNS grading option for designated language courses.
- Students who fail to register by this date for a minimum required course load, withdraw from their academic program, or submit an application for non-resident status for the spring 2023 term are subject to disciplinary action and may be placed on an involuntary leave of absence, also known as an administrative leave of absence, for the remainder of the academic term.
MARCH 7, TUESDAY
- Conferral date for March 2023 degrees.
MARCH 8, WEDNESDAY
- Degree applications for May 2023 degree candidates open in my.harvard.
MARCH 10, FRIDAY
- Spring 1 Session ends (only applies to coursework at the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health).
MARCH 11, SATURDAY
- Spring recess begins.
MARCH 19, SUNDAY
- Spring recess ends.
MARCH 20, MONDAY (9TH MONDAY)
- Last day to drop a spring course via my.harvard. To withdraw from a spring course after this date, an approved Petition to Withdraw must be submitted to the Office of Student Affairs. A notation of WD will be recorded on the student’s transcript for the course if the petition is approved.
- Spring 2 Session Begins (only applies to coursework at the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health).
MARCH 31, FRIDAY
- Spring Harvard University Student Health Insurance Plan late waiver deadline
APRIL 3, MONDAY
- Final degree applications for May degree candidates due in my.harvard
- Final application for a May secondary field due to the Registrar’s Office
APRIL 26, WEDNESDAY
- Last day of spring term classes
APRIL 27, THURSDAY
- Spring term reading period begins.
MAY 3, WEDNESDAY
- Spring term reading period ends.
- Last day on which students may submit an approved Petition to Withdraw from spring term course to the Office of Student Affairs. A notation of WD will be recorded on the student’s transcript for the course if the petition is approved.
MAY 4, THURSDAY
- Spring term examinations begin.
MAY 11, THURSDAY
- Deadline for May 2023 degree candidates to submit their dissertation electronically to ProQuest ETD. Submissions must be made by 11:59 p.m. EDT.
MAY 12, FRIDAY
- Spring 2 Session ends (only applies to coursework at the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health).
MAY 13, SATURDAY
- Spring term examinations end.
MAY 18, THURSDAY
- Degree recommendations from academic programs for May 2023 degree candidates due in my.harvard
MAY 25, THURSDAY
- Conferral date for May 2023 degrees and Commencement.
For information and inquiries, you can contact Harvard College by visiting the institution’s official website.