The Louisiana State University, LSU Admission Requirements: 2020/2021 Prospectus for all the courses at the undergraduate, diploma and postgraduate level is updated every year
Therefore, this article contains the full list of all the undergraduate and Postgraduate courses
coupled with their general requirements.
For admission into programmes of study at the Louisiana State University, LSU for any first degree or second degree, an applicant must have the following requirements for a successful admission.
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
Below is the 2020 LSU admission details that contains the admission requirement needed for admission into LSU.
Freshmen Admission Requirements
Applicants Submitting SAT: 12%
|SAT Reading 25th
|SAT Math 25th
|SAT Composite 25th
|SAT Reading 75th
|SAT Math 75th
|SAT Composite 75th
|Estimated Average SAT
We estimate some students could be accepted with SAT’s as low as 960. The estimated average SAT composite for admitted freshman is 1180 out of 1600.
Estimated GPA Requirements
Avg. High School GPA = 3.45
Typical High School Grades = B+
- You will need very good grades in high school to get into LSU. The average high school GPA of the admitted freshman class at LSU Main Campus was 3.45 on the 4.0 scale indicating that primarily B+ students are accepted and ultimately attend. If your high school GPA meets these requirements, there is a good chance you will be accepted.
Applicants Submitting ACT: 88%
|ACT Reading 25th
|ACT Math 25th
|ACT Composite 25th
|ACT Reading 75th
|ACT Math 75th
|ACT Composite 75th
|Estimated Average ACT
We estimate the school accepting minimum ACT composite scores of 23 and above. Prospective students submitting an ACT composite of 26 or higher should be in the upper half of applicants – and students with a 29 and above have very competitive chances.
Transfer applicants Admission Requirements
- 30* or more transferable (academic, non-remedial) credit hours from a regionally-accredited college or university
- 2.5 academic GPA on all transferable college work attempted
- a grade of “C” or better in a college-level English course that fulfilled a general education requirement at the institution where it was taken
- a grade of “C” or better in a college-level math course that fulfilled a general education requirement at the institution where it was taken
*Students who will not have 30 transferable credit hours by the time they plan to enroll at LSU can still be considered for admission if they meet all remaining transfer requirements and freshman admission requirements.