UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN FRANCISCO ADMISSION GUIDELINES AND FORMS
Application for admission may be made at any time after completion of the junior year of high school. Applications are considered on a competitive basis as related to test scores, academic history (high school and college), academic and professional references, and an essay.
Applicants who submit complete applications and supporting materials by the deadlines will meet the priority deadlines.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN FRANCISCO APPLICATION STEPS AND REQUIREMENTSAll students are required to submit the following items prior to the deadline date:
Kindly follow the steps below for a successful application
Step 1: Start and Complete the Application Online through The Common Application with UCSF supplement.
Step 2: Gather, Submit Necessary Documents and application should include:
- Application fee as indicated below or fee waiver
- Official high school transcript
- All required standardized testing official score reports, which includes the TOEFL or IELTS if English is not your native language
- Secondary School Counselor Evaluation
- Two (2) Teacher Recommendations
- Standardized test results (ACT or SAT)
- Mid-Year Report (due when first semester/term senior grades are available at your school)
- Common Application essay
- Please ensure that you complete the online application through the Common Application with UCSF supplement.
Transfer Students Application should include the following:
- Application Fee or Fee Waiver.
- Official College Transcripts (from all institutions attended).
- Official High School Transcript.
- College Report from your current or most recent college.
- Transfer Mid-Term Report (if currently enrolled).
- Two (2) academic recommendations (at least one from a college instructor).
- SAT or ACT. Transfer applicants must submit official or self-reported scores from the SAT or ACT. The only exception is for students who are currently enrolled in college in countries where the exams are not offered.
- English Proficiency Tests: TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Academic (non-native English speakers only).
Application Procedure Portal of Other Applicants
The undergraduate application fee is $70, payable online via the Common Application when you submit your application for admission. The fee applies to all applicants, regardless of state of residency or citizenship status.
Application & Testing DeadlinesThe following deadlines pertain to both domestic and international applicants. Applications and all required supporting documents are due by 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on the noted deadline dates.
Freshman Admission Timeline
If you’re a high school student, you should apply early in your senior year; admission will be much more competitive if you apply later.
To meet a deadline, your application must be complete, which means we have received all required material.
|FALL||EARLY DECISION/ EARLY ACTION|
|APPLICATION DEADLINE||November 1*|
|DECISION NOTIFICATION BEGINS||mid-December|
|REPLY/DEPOSIT DATE (EARLY DECISION)||Feb 1|
|REPLY/DEPOSIT DATE (EARLY ACTION)||May 1|
|APPLICATION DEADLINE||January 15|
|DECISION NOTIFICATION BEGINS||mid-March|
|REPLY/DEPOSIT DATE||May 1|
|APPLICATION DEADLINE||November 1|
|FAFSA||FAFSA Upon Application for Admission|
Transfer Admission Timeline
You should apply as early as possible prior to the term you want to begin; once a major reaches capacity, we will stop accepting applications even if that occurs before the deadline.
To meet a deadline, your application must be complete, which means all required material has been received.
|APPLICATION PRIORITY DEADLINE||January 1|
|REGULAR APPLICATION DEADLINE*||March 1|
|FAFSA APPLICATION DEADLINE (DOMESTIC)||March 1|
|DECISION NOTIFICATION BEGINS||April 1|
|REPLY/DEPOSIT DATE||June 1|
|APPLICATION PRIORITY DEADLINE||November 1|