Application for the UTS Research Training Program Scholarship in Australia – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the University of Technology Sydney in Australia.
The UTS funding program supports motivated candidates pursuing a higher degree by research (HDR) as a foreign student for the academic year 2020–2021. The IRTP covers the tuition fees, the cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the opportunity holder, their spouse and dependents (if any), and a living stipend at equivalent to RTPS rate (2020 rate is $28,092 per annum, indexed).
Founded in 1988, the University of Technology Sydney is regarded as one of the world’s leading young universities offers various degree courses and training programs for the students. It enrols 45,930 students, including 33,070 graduates and 12,860 postgraduate students through its 9 faculties and schools.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
UTS SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Be undertaking a higher degree by research (HDR) as an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth) at the University in the year of the IRTP Stipend (IRTP Stipends are not available to applicants whose enrolment into a postgraduate research program has not been accepted by the University) in an accredited HDR course.
- Not be receiving an equivalent award, stipend or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the IRTP Scholarship stipend rate to undertake the HDR. Income earned from sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule.
- Not receive an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees.
- Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for the opportunity.
- The grant is available for Doctoral Research Degree (PhD) students to undertake a higher degree by research (HDR).
- For taking admission, candidates must check the entry requirement of their chosen program.
- Students from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
UTS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- There is no separate Application Form for IRTP scholarships for prospective students. If you wish to be considered for an IRTP scholarship, tick the YES box in the program/sponsorship information section of the online application for admission. Refer to How to Apply and International Research Training Program Scholarships in the Research Scholarships section of the UTS Research Degrees website for more information.
Application must include:
- Candidates must submit academic transcripts from all post-secondary studies, research proposals, Current CV/resume, and a statement of completion for previous degrees.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before June 30, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below