Application for the Victoria Hardship Fund Equity Grants for International Students in New Zealand 2019/2020 Entry is now open for at the Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand.
The Victoria University of Wellington is offering Victoria Hardship Fund Equity Grants. Scholarships are open to all students who are studying at Victoria University of Wellington including domestic, international, undergraduate, postgraduate, part-time and full-time students.
These grants are to encourage students who are facing financial hardship to continue in their studies at Victoria University. The grants are funded from the Student Assistance Scheme and were established in 2000.
The Victoria University has a tradition of fostering strong global links in teaching and research and program of national significance and international quality.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
VICTORIA HARDSHIP FUND EQUITY GRANTS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- The scholarships are available for the New Zealand and international students.
- Applications are open to all students who are studying at Victoria University of Wellington including domestic, international, undergraduate, postgraduate, part-time and full-time students.
· Applicants must be enrolled in the trimester they are applying for. E.g. Students who apply for round 1 must be enrolled in trimester 1 of the same year.
· The grants will be awarded on the basis of financial need and satisfactory academic commitment and progress. Factors taken into consideration when assessing financial need could include – high course costs, high transport costs, medical conditions or disability preventing part-time work, family to support, any other relevant circumstances.
· The Grants are intended to assist with ongoing costs related to study. They are not intended for tuition fees. The student is expected to be claiming all other available funding; ie Studylink, Student Loan, if eligible.
· All offers of the award will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in the trimester they are applying for and having satisfactory academic progress in their prior trimester.
· Recipients are expected to register with their student ID number and complete two online Blackbullion modules (of their choice) before receiving the second instalment. The second instalment will not be paid until this condition is met.
VICTORIA HARDSHIP FUND EQUITY GRANTS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
How to Apply: Applicants must submit a completed online application outlining details of their situation and provide financial evidence. Financial Evidence Required:
- A recent bank document showing the balances in all your accounts (Internet banking printouts are acceptable).
- A recent bank document showing at least two weeks of transactions in the account(s) where your income is received and any rent/board paid from (Internet banking printouts are acceptable).
- For domestic students only: A StudyLink / WINZ document stating your current entitlements*
If your entitlements for the coming year have not yet been processed, documents from the previous year will be accepted
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 18, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below