Application for the Victorian Government Student Scholarships Program in Australia – 2019/2020 Entry is now open for interested candidates in Australia.
The Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) Student Scholarships Program is designed to assist young people living in public or community housing, or those at risk of homelessness, get the support they need to stay in education and achieve their full potential. The studentships are available for students studying in Year 11 or Year 12 at a Victorian Government school, or the equivalent at TAFE. The studentships are awarded for studying all the subjects. The studentships are to the value of $1100 (GST free) for the year. If the young person is awarded a scholarship, payments will be made directly to schools and TAFEs at the end of November 2017 so that the program funds are available from the outset of the 2018 academic year.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
VICTORIAN GOVERNMENT STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Under 21 years of age at 1 February 2018; an Australian citizen or permanent resident are eligible.
- Experiencing financial hardship.
- Living in social housing (i.e. public or community-managed housing) or at risk of homelessness.
- Studying in Year 11 or Year 12 at a Victorian Government school, or the equivalent at TAFE, for the 2018 academic year.
- Have the potential to achieve a good attendance record and a successful educational outcome in the 2018 academic year
- Supported within the school / TAFE community by an appropriate staff member (i.e. well-being coordinator, counsellor etc).
VICTORIAN GOVERNMENT STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applications should be submitted online.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before June 21, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below