Application for the VLIR-UOS Master Degree Scholarships for Developing Countries in Belgium – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the VLIR-UOS in Belgium.
Students can only apply for following master (ICP) or training (ITP) programs that are recognized and funded by VLIR-UOS: Master programs. The grants cover all related expenses as follow: For a training program: Allowance: € 33/day, Several one-time payments, and Accommodation, insurance, international travel, and tuition fee, and For a Master program: Allowance: € 890/month, Accommodation allowance: € 390/month, Family allowance: € 62 per dependent person/month, Several one-time payments and Insurance, international travel and tuition fee.
VLIR-UOS supports partnerships between universities and university colleges, in Flanders and in the South, looking for innovative responses to global and local challenges. VLIR-UOS funds cooperation projects between professors, researchers, and teachers.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
MASTER DEGREE SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- A candidate should be a national and resident of one of the following 31 countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of application:
Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
Age: The maximum age for a Master program candidate is 35 years for an initial master and 40 years for an advanced master. The maximum age for a training candidate is 45 years. The candidate cannot succeed this age on January 1 of the intake year.
- VLIR-UOS gives priority to candidates who are employed in academic institutions, research institutes, governments, social economy or NGO’s, or aim a career in one of these sectors. However, also candidates employed in the profit sector or newly graduated candidates without any work experience (for Master programs) can be eligible for the opportunity . The training candidate should have relevant professional experience and a support letter confirming (re)integration in a professional context where the acquired knowledge and skills will be immediately applicable.
- A scholarship is not compatible with financial support within a VLIR-UOS funded IUC- or TEAM-project. Candidates working in a university where such projects are being organized should submit a declaration of the project leader stating that the department where the candidate is employed is not involved in the project.
- A candidate can only submit one VLIR-UOS application per year, irrespectively of the program type. As a consequence, a candidate can only be selected for one VLIR-UOS scholarship per year.
- Students of the following countries are eligible to apply for VLIR-UOS scholarships: Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa; Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Philippines, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Nepal, Palestinian Territories, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam; Latin America: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Haiti, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname and Uruguay.
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
MASTER DEGREE SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To apply for a training or Master program, visit the website of the training or Master program of your interest.
- Follow the guidelines for application for the programme as mentioned on its website. In the program application, you can mention whether you wish to apply for a scholarship.
- In case you do, the program coordinator forwards your application to VLIR-UOS. Applications submitted by the candidates to VLIR-UOS directly will not be considered!
- Applications is Open.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below