Application for the VUB B-PHOT Excellence Master Scholarships for International Students in Belgium 2019 Entry is now open at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel in Belgium.
The new VUB B-PHOT Excellence Scholarships is now available on offer for all new international students. Scholarships are available to study European Master of Science.
Vrije Universiteit Brussel is an internationally oriented university in Brussels, the heart of Europe. Through tailor-made high quality research and education, VUB wants to contribute in an active and committed way to a better society for tomorrow.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
VUB B-PHOT EXCELLENCE MASTER SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Scholarships are available for International students
- The programme is open to applicants with a bachelor or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, (Applied) Physics, Materials Sciences or equivalent. Students in their last year of such programmes will also be considered. Applicants holding a bachelor or master degree in another field of engineering are welcome to join the programme through a personalized preparatory programme. This preparatory programme can be combined with a specific bachelor or master programme.
- Belgian Bachelors in IR Architecture, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry and Biotechnology, industrial Science – Electronics/ICT, Engineering Science or KMS Polytechnical Department can apply for the preparatory programme of 30 ECTS. Here you can find the details of the preparatory programme in Dutch leading to the Master of Science in Fotonica or the European MSc. in Photonics.
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- A TOEFL-TEST, taken as recently as within the last two years, showing a score of at least 570 (paper-based) or 87 (internet-based).
- An original “test report from” (TRF) from IELTS, issued as recently as within the last two years, with a minimum overall band score of 6.0
- Cambridge-ESOL: First certificate in English (FCE)
- Holders of a diploma of secondary or higher education by a recognised institution in the Flemish Community are exempted from submitting a proof of language proficiency.
- You are also exempted from language test when you ave successfully completed a minimum of 1 year (60 credits), be it secondary or higher education, where the medium of instruction was English (an official certificate must be submitted).
- Note: if the proof of English proficiency or APS certificate is not ready before the deadline, you can always submit it later instead of missing the deadline.
VUB B-PHOT EXCELLENCE MASTER SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- We accept and review applications on a rolling basis, and aim at sending the decision within three weeks from the receipt of the complete application.
- Applications can only be submitted through the online application form, we advise candidate students to apply as soon as possible, even if they have not yet obtained their degree.
- All non EEA students and EEA students need to apply before 1 June. We recommend all candidate students to apply as early as possible; most certainly for non EEA students this is important with regards to VISA administration
- The University accepts and review applications on a rolling basis, and aim at sending the decision within three weeks from the receipt of the complete application.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below