Application for the Waikato Excellence Scholarships for International Students in New Zealand – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the University of Waikato in New Zealand.
With the value of NZD $ 10,000, the support will be awarded to successful applicants of any country who demonstrate excellent academic achievement, and the ability to become a global ambassador for the university.
The University of Waikato, informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand, with a satellite campus located in Tauranga. It is a consistent climber in the most prestigious international rankings.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
WAIKATO EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants from North America: USA, Canada Latin America: Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Chile Europe: Germany, UK, France, Norway East Asia: China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan-South Asia: India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan South East Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam Middle East: Jordan, Iran Africa: Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mauritius are eligible to apply.
- The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- be a citizen of, or currently studying in, one of the countries listed in Table 1
- not currently be enrolled at the University of Waikato (including the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English, the Certificate of Attainment in Foundation Studies, the International Diploma of Business or Science or any other pre-degree pathway programme)
- not have paid fees at the time of application
- be applying to enrol for the first time in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree1 at the University of Waikato;
- not be classified as a domestic student (see clause 7.3.d)
- have met the University of Waikato’s English language requirements for admission, or have an offer for the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English at the University of Waikato, prior to beginning any studies through UOW
- have received a conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato
- in the year of tenure, be commencing a full-time programme/s of study with a total duration of at least 12 months at the University of Waikato
- be residing in New Zealand for the tenure of the program and may only study a maximum of 50% of their course online (if this option is available)
- not be coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body2
- not be coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement3, or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement
- have a minimum GPA-equivalency of B+.
- To apply for this application , the applicants must be applying to enroll for the first time in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree1at the University of Waikato.
- English Language Require.
WAIKATO EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To apply, the applicants must submit an online application through the link: https://www.waikato.ac.nz/scholarships/application-forms/university-of-waikato-international-excellence-scholarship
Application must include:
- As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents: their Conditional or Formal Offer of Place from the University of Waikato; and b) a personal statement that sets out the following (on the template provided): What are your career goals/aspirations?, How will an international education experience help you to achieve these goals?, What additional qualities/skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for this application and an ambassador for the University of Waikato?
- Applications for 2021 can be submitted at any time.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below