Application for the Weinstein JAMS Fellowship International Applicant in USA – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the JAMS Foundation in USA.
The Fellowship Program is designed to be flexible and open to innovation, and applicants are encouraged to be creative in pursuing activities in the U.S. that will serve to expand the use of ADR in their home countries.
JAMS, the nation’s premier provider of commercial dispute resolution services, established the non-profit JAMS Foundation to provide financial assistance for conflict resolution initiatives with national and international impact and to share its dispute resolution experience and expertise for the benefit of the public interest.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
JAMS FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants may not be citizens of the United States.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
- Proposed Fellowship must be one month to four months in duration.
- Preference for proposals that would help establish viable dispute resolution systems or change how disputes are resolved.
- Fellowships are awarded to study dispute resolution processes and practices in the U.S. in order to advance the resolution of disputes in applicant’s home countries.
- Preference for applicants with experience as judges, lawyers, law professors, court administrators, government officers, or ADR practitioners.
- Preference for applicants able to commence their Fellowship with the annual gathering of Fellows in the San Francisco Bay area in early September 2019.
- In order to be eligible for the fellowship, applicants must be fluent in English.
JAMS FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Electronic submissions should be sent via email to Ellen Bass, Weinstein JAMS Fellowship Program Director, at ebass-at-jamsfoundation.org. Click to download the Fellowship application form in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Application must include:
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 15, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below