Application for the Wellcome Trust Training Fellowships In Public Health in UK – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Wellcome Trust in UK.
The aim of this scheme is to provide support for you in the early years of your research career to consolidate your research skills and gain additional training to allow you to explore new research areas within the Science remit. This will enable you to mature as a researcher and develop your research vision. Applicants must be based primarily in a low- and middle-income country, but training may be undertaken at centres of excellence regionally or internationally. Links between low- and middle-income countries are encouraged. Applicants may apply to remain in their current laboratory (even if you already hold an established post), to return to one where you have previously worked, or to move to a new laboratory, in a low- and middle-income country.
The Wellcome Trust is a biomedical research charity based in London, United Kingdom. They support researchers, they take on big health challenges, and they campaign for better science and help everyone get involved in science and health research. They are a politically and financially independent foundation.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
WELLCOME TRUST FELLOWSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- you’re a national of a low- or middle-income country
- your proposed research focuses on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country
- you have sponsorship from an eligible host organization in a low- or middle-income country.
- You must: have a PhD and be an early-career researcher or have a degree in a relevant subject and some initial research experience or Be a clinically qualified doctor (and be qualified to enter higher specialist training), vet, dentist or clinical psychologist, and have some initial research experience.
- If you don’t have a Ph.D., we would expect you to register for one if you’re awarded this fellowship.
- You must want to undertake a guided period of research so that you can consolidate your existing experience and explore new areas of research.
- If you’ve been away from research (eg for a career break, maternity leave, or long-term sick leave), we’ll allow for this when we consider your application.
- Citizens from low and middle-income country (Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for the fellowships.
WELLCOME TRUST FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).
Application must include:
- Submit your preliminary application: You must submit your preliminary application through Grant Tracker(opens in a new tab).
- Submit your full application to your host organisation for approval: Complete the full application form on Grant Tracker.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before April 30, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below