Application for the Wolfgang-Gentner Doctoral Fellowships in Switzerland – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the CERN in Switzerland.
CERN values its interaction with students and educators. A number of educational programmes, guided tours and summer schools are available for students and teachers, to help both groups learn more about CERN, particle physics and our place in the universe. The participants of the doctoral program will receive a tax-free residence payment and other potential benefits such as family or child allowances in accordance with the performance of the CERN doctoral student programs.
The aim of the program is to provide training to students from German universities in an international, first-class high-tech environment with close contacts to the industry.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
WOLFGANG-GENTNER FELLOWSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants from EU Member States of CERN (Austria; Belgium; Bulgaria; Czech Republic; Denmark; Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Hungary; Israel; Italy; Netherlands; Norway; Poland; Portugal; Slovak Republic; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland and United Kingdom) are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
- Fellowships are awarded for thesis in technical areas.
- University degree with doctoral studies at the commencement at CERN
- National from one of the EU Member States of CERN
- Future doctoral studies at a German university
- Completed studies (master) with the right to do a doctorate when starting at CERN
- Very good academic performance with suitability for promotion
- In order to be eligible applicants must have a university degree with doctoral studies at the commencement at CERN.
- Applicants must have a good knowledge of English or French.
WOLFGANG-GENTNER FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- In order to apply for the scholarships, candidates must have to submit an online application.
Application must include:
- All candidates will need to submit a CV, a copy of their most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your marks and a reference letter from your University Professor is mandatory. Should you have one from a previous internship you may add this as a second reference.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before March 21, 2022 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below