Application for the World Press Fellowship Program for International Journalists in USA – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the World Press Institute in USA.
WPI fellowship provides immersion into the governance, politics, business, media, journalistic ethics and culture of the United States for experienced international journalists, through a demanding schedule of study, travel and interviews throughout the country. WPI pays all program costs, including transportation to the U.S. and back, all transportation within the U.S. related to the WPI program, and all lodging costs. In addition, a modest daily per diem for food is provided. Personal expenses, such as cameras, film, postage, and clothing, are the responsibility of the fellow.
The World Press Institute (WPI) is an American non-profit, educational organization based in Minneapolis–Saint Paul, Minnesota that offers paid fellowships for international journalists.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
WORLD PRESS PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International journalists (except the USA) can apply for these WPI fellowships.
- least five (5) years of full-time employment in print, broadcast, or online journalism.
- Journalists can work for news or editorial departments of newspapers, wire services, radio, television, websites, online publications or magazines of general public interest.
- Photojournalists, editorial cartoonists, columnists, and broadcast producers are also eligible.
- Those who supervise journalists are eligible providing that they also have at least five years as a working journalist.
- Any journalism-related work completed as a university student does not count toward experience. People who work in public relations or at organizations whose primary business is not the media are not eligible.
- Must be currently employed as a non-U.S. journalist working outside of the United States.
- Potential for leadership
- Applicants must have fluency in both written and spoken English.
WORLD PRESS PROGRAM APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The mode of applying is online.
Application must include:
- Applicant information
- Employment history and education
- Two essays are required as part of the online application. They are:
- Please describe your professional goals and achievements (in 200-500 words)
- Why are you seeking a WPI Fellowship? What do you expect to gain? What do you expect to contribute? (200-500 words)
- Colour photo of yourself
- Work samples
- Awards, fellowships,
- Three letters of recommendation
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 14, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below