Application for the Yalies and Fox Fellowship for International Students in USA – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Yale University – MacMillan Center in USA.
The goal of the Fox International Fellowship is to enhance mutual understanding between the peoples of the United States and other countries by promoting international scholarly exchanges and collaborations among the next generation of leaders. All Fellows at Yale receive the same award, which is commensurate to the level of funding received by doctoral students in the graduate school. Awards include round-trip travel, accommodations in rental housing provided by the Fox Fellowship and a generous living stipend to cover expenses not already provided for by existing funds that you may have at your disposal. The Fellowship will also cover health insurance. All fellows are also able to apply for grants from a research travel fund up to U.S.D $2000.
The Fox International Fellowship is a graduate student exchange program between Yale and thirteen world-renowned partner universities. Fox International Fellows are selected for their potential to become leaders in fields that are policy significant, historically informed, and socially meaningful.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
YALIES AND FOX FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for a scholarship. The Fox Fellowship is not open to postdoctoral applicants. An international student proposing projects in their home country are not eligible.
- The Fox Fellowship is open to graduate and professional school students at Yale University. Students in doctoral programs should be finished with their coursework and students in masters or graduate professional programs should have administrative approval to interrupt their course work. Graduating masters and professional school students are eligible to apply. Graduating seniors of unusual distinction and with clearly focused research may also be considered. The Fox Fellowship places a strong emphasis on communicative competence in the host country language(s) to truly engage colleagues and establish long term personal relationships with people from the Fox Partner University and the larger community of that University and the overall Fox alumni/ae network.
- Candidates for Fox Fellowships must demonstrate sufficient mastery of national or regional language skills relevant to their research projects as well as to thrive in the local and larger communities of the Fox exchange partner university. For English-speaking countries with strong local or regional language bases, candidates with evidence of familiarity and interests in those languages, as relevant to their research and larger cultural engagement, may receive some competitive preference, e.g. for Legon, Ghana (Twi or Akan), Cape Town, South Africa (isiXhosa/isiZulu or Afrikaans); New Delhi, India (Hindi, Gujarati). Students without these language skills are also welcome to apply.
YALIES AND FOX FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Submit your application online through the Student Grants and Fellowships Database at Yale University.
Application must include:
- The basic application materials include a statement of interest, leadership statement, recent curriculum vitae, and two letters of recommendation. Please see the full application requirements and deadlines in the Student Grants website.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 12, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below