Application for the Yiddish Book Center Fellowship Program for US and International Students in USA – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Yiddish Book Center in USA.
The fellowship offers recent college graduates with intermediate or advanced Yiddish skills the opportunity to develop valuable professional experience while working as full-time members of the Center’s staff. The Fellows receive a stipend ($30,000), group health insurance (80% paid by the employer, 20% by employee), and paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.
The Yiddish Book Center is a nonprofit organization working to tell the whole Jewish story by rescuing, translating, and disseminating Yiddish books and presenting innovative educational programs that broaden the understanding of modern Jewish identity.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
YIDDISH FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Fellowship is open for both US and international candidates.
- Applicants should be recent college graduates with a strong background in Jewish studies or related disciplines, a working knowledge of Yiddish, a commitment to Yiddish language and culture, and a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Fellowship s available in the following areas:
- Communications and Publication
- Digital Collections
- Educational Programs
- Yiddish Education
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
YIDDISH FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Completed application form including your CV/Resume.
Application must include:
- Official academic transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate work sent directly by the college or university.
- Three reference letters (including at least one from an academic instructor and at least one from a professional supervisor), sent directly by the recommenders.
- Transcripts and three letters of reference should be sent electronically to Phoenix Wyatt, education program assistant, at [email protected]
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 5, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below