Application for the YouAreWelcomeHere International Scholarship in USA – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the Stony Brook University in USA.
The program is open to highly-qualified admitted students with the exceptional intellectual ability or a heart for service, and who have the plan to enrol at a full-time undergraduate study level at Stony Brook in the fall 2020 semester.Awardees will be offered an annual, renewable financial aid to cover 50% of their tuition (currently $12,370 per year).
Established in 1957, Stony Brook University provides more than 200 academic programs and 140 graduate and professional programs. Currently, 4,436 international students from 103 countries are studying at this university.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
STONY BROOK SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applications are welcome from around the world.
- The program is available for undergraduate study in any subject offered by the university.
- Be a first-year, undergraduate international applicant to Stony Brook University for the fall 2020 semester.
- An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess US citizenship or permanent residency.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, interests and personal initiative in activities involving leadership, intercultural learning, and plans to apply these at Stony Brook University.
- You should apply as an international student if you: 1) Wish to study in the U.S. under a student (F-1) visa. Those with valid B-1 or B-2 visas must change their status to F-1, or 2).
- Currently hold an F-1, F-2, J-1, or J-2 visa.
- All applicants must prove their English proficiency, even if you have attended high school in the United States. One of the following exams is required: TOEFL (Internet-based) – 80, IELTS – 6.5, ACT English – 19, SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (New Exam) – 480, and PTE Academic – 53.
- Applicants must have required TOEFL/SAT scores to apply for a course at the university. If you are a freshman applicant, you must have completed the highest level of secondary education in your country of residence.
STONY BROOK SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To be considered for this award, applicants need to apply for admission to Stony Brook University in an eligible undergraduate program.
Application must include:
- Submit all required credentials includes a 500-1000 word essay or a two-to-five minute video (include link to video or e-mail it separately [email protected]) telling us about your leadership skills in your school or community, and how you plan to continue applying your leadership skills at Stony Brook University (transcripts and TOEFL/SAT scores) by February 1, 2020.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 15, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below