College of Insurance (COI) Admission Requirements: 2023/2024 for all the courses at the diploma and certificate level is updated every year.
Therefore, this article contains the full list of all the diploma and certificate courses coupled with their general requirements.
For admission into programmes of study at the College of Insurance (COI) for any first degree or second degree, an applicant must have the following requirements for a successful admission.
COLLEGE OF INSURANCE (COI) ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
To join College of Insurance (COI) to pursue a Certificate course, you must have a minimum of C- with specific qualifications in cluster subjects in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examinations (KCSE). For Diploma programmes, you must have attained a minimum of C with specific qualifications in cluster subjects.
General admission requirements
Admission requirements for our diplomas, certificate and diploma courses
- KCSE result slip / Certificate or equivalent
- Two (2) colored passport size photographs
- Copy of national ID, Passport or birth certificate
Overall, you need a minimum of KCSE mean grade of C- (minus) and above to enroll in the diploma courses. For the certificate courses, you need a minimum of KCSE mean grade D plain and above. For the electrical, mechanical, and civil engineering courses, the minimum requirements are a KCSE mean grade C- and above with a minimum of D+ (plus) in maths and physics. For the certificate courses, you need a minimum of KCSE mean grade D+ with a minimum of D plain in physics or mathematics.
Diploma in Insurance
- KCSE Mean Grade C- (Minus) or
- Passed Craft Certificate in Insurance or
- Equivalent qualifications as determined by College of Insurance.
Certificate of Proficiency (COP)
- A trainee entering this course should have a minimum of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE).
Chartered Insurance Institute Courses (CII)
DIPLOMA IN INSURANCE (DIPCII)
- Entry requirement: C Plain or must be 21 years and above
ACII – ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN INSURANCE:
- Entry requirement for ACII is either: Degree holder, A Level or have completed DIP CII.
- College of Insurance (COI) List of Courses >>>
- College of Insurance (COI) Fee Structure >>>
- Download College of Insurance (COI) Admission Letter >>>
- College of Insurance (COI) Student Portal >>>
- College of Insurance (COI) Academic Calendar >>>
- College of Insurance (COI) Online Application Forms >>>
- How to Access College of Insurance (COI) eLearning Portal >>>