We are pleased and excited to announce to you that the University of Cape Town, UCT Online Application for the 2023/2024 academic year is now open for all interested and qualified applicants. We are not just making this announcement known but also providing various steps on how to apply online for the UCT admission.
Gather all the necessary documents and get ready to follow the steps on our website to a successful UCT online application. We will try as much as possible to make your application smooth and seamless. But before we proceed, remember this application is open to all prospective undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma and certificate students. The only thing you need right now to apply for admission to the prestigious University of Cape Town is for you to be eligible and ready.
The Management of the University of Cape Town, UCT are no stranger to technology as they have made this application exclusively online unlike the rigorous task of going through the paper-based application (only when necessary). This is why they opened an application portal for all high school leavers and those trying to further their studies either through part- time or full time.
Brace up and read along, as we guide you through the UCT online application procedure for the 2023/2024 Academic year.
STEPS ON HOW TO APPLY ONLINE FOR UCT ADMISSION
To use the UCT online application feature, you must have a working internet device, a valid email address which is not shared with another UCT applicant, your South African identity number, or, if you are an international applicant, and your passport number. Kindly follow the easy steps below to apply online for UCT (University of Cape Town Online Application) admission:
STEP 1 – Apply Online
- Please apply online via the UCT Application Portal if you are enrolling for Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Study Abroad or Graduate School of Business Exchange Program.
- Kindly click on the one that interests you and continue.
- Select the year you are applying for and click ‘Contine‘ to proceed.
- You will then be required to read and consent to UCT’s privacy notice before you can continue.
- If you are a first time user, kindly create a new account by filling in your name, date of birth, email address and password. Once complete, click the Continue button.
- You will then be sent a verification link to the email you provided.
- After clicking on the verification link, you will then land on the UCT application homepage page. Kindly click on the one that interests you again and continue. Select the year you are applying for again and click ‘Contine‘ to proceed.
- After you are done with the above steps, you can then login with your registered email address and your password to continue.
- You will then be taken to the page where you will be required to fill in all the necessary information like your Personal Details, Study Choices, References (for postgraduate students only), Domicilium Address, Residential Address, Postal Address, Contact Details, Demographic Details, Next of Kin, Emergency Contact, Current Activities, Employment, Education, Indemnity and Undertaking, make Payment (Check the UCT Application Fee and how to Pay Here) and upload the necessary Documents.
- When you are done, kindly click on the ‘Submit‘ button to get your application submitted.
You can only apply to UCT for the following study programmes:
1. Undergraduate programmes (e.g. Bachelors degrees and other first qualifications)
2. Postgraduate programmes (e.g. Postgraduate Diplomas, Honours, MBA, Master’s & PhD)
3. Occasional undergraduate or postgraduate study (e.g. single courses for non-degree purposes)
4. Semester Study Abroad (International applicants who wish to take a semester at UCT)
5. Graduate School of Business Exchange Programme (By nomination only)
You cannot apply online for:
1. Short Courses (Applicants who wish to do a short course must contact the relevant department for further information. Summer School courses are offered by the Centre for Extra-Mural Studies, which can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Summer and Winter Term courses: Students who wish to take Summer or Winter Term courses, must approach the relevant faculty office.
STEP 2 – Acknowledgement of Application
- You will receive an email confirming online submission of your application immediately.
- Within three working days, you should receive formal acknowledgment of your application along with your applicant number and PeopleSoft log-in details.
- Once you’ve logged in to PeopleSoft here, you can track your application online.
- Note this acknowledgement does not mean you’ve been accepted or admitted to UCT.
STEP 3 – Upload Supporting Documents
As stated on the UCT Application page, documents must be submitted as certified electronic copies to email@example.com (undergraduate applicants) or firstname.lastname@example.org (postgraduate applicants). Please do not send your submissions to both email addresses as this will only delay the processing of your application.
STEP 4 – Acceptance of Offer
When we update your application, you will receive an email communication. Please monitor your email account closely for updates. You can also check your status online with the log-in credentials that we will send you after you apply. We are not permitted to disclose your application status telephonically.
LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR UCT ONLINE APPLICATION
- A copy of your results for the latest school year
- A copy of your ID
- If you have attended another higher education institution, we need a copy of your academic transcript
All applicants are required to upload supporting documents before submitting the application (not applicable to the Application Fee or SAQA certificate of evaluation). Please ensure that your academic qualifications are duly certified (less than 3 months ago). Incomplete applications will not be assessed.
To further convince you why you need to apply at the University of Cape Town. According to the statement on their page, they have a proud tradition of academic excellence and are currently the top-rated university in Africa and one of the top-rated universities in the world.
Further Readings: University of Cape Town Online Application Deadline