Kenyatta University, KU Admission requirement for all the courses at the undergraduate, diploma and postgraduate level is updated every year. Therefore, this article contains the full list of all the undergraduate and postgraduate courses coupled with their general requirements.
For admission into programmes of study at the Kenyatta University, KU for any first degree or second degree, an applicant must have the following requirements for a successful admission.
- Check Out Kenyatta University Fees Structure: 2019/2020
- Check Out Kenyatta University Student Portal
KENYATTA UNIVERSITY, KU UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
All applications for Undergraduate degree courses by Kenyan school candidates should be addressed to, The Secretary, The Joint Admissions Board, P.O. Box 30197, NAIROBI.
All other applications for admission should be addressed to, The Registrar (Academic), Kenyatta University, P.O. Box 43844 – 00100, Nairobi, so as to reach him not later than 30th November of the year preceding that for which admission is sought. [Enquiries]
Entry Requirements for Undergraduate Degree Courses
A minimum of Grade C+ at the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE) or equivalent. In addition, applicants must meet specific degree requirements for each school. The entry requirement set should be regarded as the minimum, which in noway entitle an applicant to a place at the university.
Limited opportunities occasionally arise for the admission of a few students to pursue parts of courses within a discipline, or in more than one discipline, and a combination, which does not constitute a programme for the purposes of the award of a degree of the University. Candidates admitted for such a programme are known as occasional students.
To qualify for admission under this category candidates must:
- Satisfy the normal minimum entrance requirements, or offer alternative equivalent qualifications satisfactory to the Board of the School concerned.
- Produce evidence of being a student in another university.
The tenure of occasional studentship is normally up to a maximum of one academic year.
It should be noted that students admitted under this category are evaluated either by course work or university examinations.
KENYATTA UNIVERSITY, KU POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
- A Bachelors degree with Second Class Honours – Upper Division or equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
- Admission requirements and regulations for all postgraduate programmes appear under the Graduate School.
Please note that applications are open all through the year.
For further inquiries, please leave a comment below.
- Check Out Kenyatta University Admission and Application Forms: 2019/2020 – How to Apply
- Check Out List Of Courses Offered at Kenyatta University: 2019/2020
- Check Out Kenyatta University Cut Off Points