This article contains information on how to gain access to the Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA) blackboard Portal (rev.knqa.go.ke).
KENYA NATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY accepts online applications of academic qualifications for recognition, equation and/or verification from both Kenyans and Non-Kenyans through this platform.
The Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA) has developed and will start implementing online applications and processing of Recognition, Equation and Verification of national and Foreign certificates and qualifications from 1st June, 2020.The system allows all applicants to create their own profile, upload documents and make payment using the online portal. Universities and colleges will also have access to the system to check the status and evaluation results of students that they are processing for admission.
STEPS ON HOW TO ACCESS AND ENROL FOR THE KNQA PORTAL SYSTEM.
The following is a guide on how to enrol for the KNQA Blackboard System.
- Open your internet browser e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- Go to KNQA KNREV Portal
- Create an account to apply for recognition,equation and/or verification
- Update profile: Populate all your academic qualifications and upload copies of all your certificates
- Submit an application: Submit an application for recognition, verification and/or equation
Students who have queries related to the academic programme should contact their respective schools. Students who do not have access to adequate mobile computing devices and cannot secure them elsewhere should contact their Faculty representatives.
KNQA Frequently Asked Question
What is Services of Recognition,Equation and Verification?
- Verification is authenticating an award of an academic credential.
- Equation means determining the position of a qualification on KNQF.
- Recognition is the formal acknowledgement of a qualification by the Authority.
What is a registered Qualification?
- A registered qualification is one that is listed on the Kenya National Qualifications Framework by the Authority.
What are Genuine Qualifications?
Genuine qualifications can only be issued by an education and training provider if: –
- The institution is accredited and mandated to award the qualification. Always check the credentials of your institution. – Your institution should be registered and mandated to award qualifications by the relevant accrediting bodies in the country.
- The qualification is registered on the KNQF.
Who are the Stakeholders?
- A Kenyan with a foreign qualification.
- A foreigner with a foreign qualification.
- A Kenyan or a foreigner with a local qualification from a qualification awarding body not registered on the KNQF.
- Corporate bodies that need clarification on the qualifications for prospective employees or employees.
- Universities and TVET institutions who seek clarification on how to admit foreign and local system.
How do i to apply for Recognition, Equation and Verification?
- Filled verification of certificate application form available on www.knqa.go.ke
- A copy of the academic credential;
- A copy of Identity Card or passport.
Recognition and Equation Process.
A Kenyan with a foreign qualification or a foreigner with a foreign qualification or a Kenyan or a foreigner with a local qualification from a qualification awarding body not registered on the KNQF. Can do the following to get services;
- Submit your qualifications to KNQA for assessment- Fill the KNQA/L/005 Form for Recognition of Qualifications and/or the Verification of Qualifications Form for Verification available at the KNQA offices or on www.knqa.go.ke.
- Submit certified copies of the following documents: –
- Identity Card or Passport.
- Transcripts and Certificates.
What are the Service Fees charged for Equation and Verification?
- Equation of qualifications for Kenyan Citizens- 5,000/=
- Equation of qualifications for Foreign Nationals- 10,000/=
- Verification of Qualification for Kenyan Citizens- 1,000/=
- Verification of qualification for Foreign Citizens- 2,000/=
Payment of all fees for services offered by KNQA shall be deposited to the bank account details; Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA)
- Kenya Commercial Bank Ltd,
- Moi Avenue Branch,
- Account No. 1208626825