This article contains information on KUCCPS Inter Institution Transfer Application – 2022/2023 and how to apply online.
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) has opened the online application system for inter-institutional transfer (IIT) applications. The application is open for KCSE candidates who have been successfully placed in various universities and TVET institutions but wish to transfer to other institutions.
- Degree to degree
- Diploma to diploma
- Diploma to degree
- Degree to diploma
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) is a State Corporation that provides career guidance and selects students for admission to universities, national polytechnics, technical training institutes and other accredited higher learning institutions for Government of Kenya-sponsored programmes.
For a transfer application to go through, an applicant must qualify for the programmes that he or she wishes to transfer to, in addition to satisfying the applicable cut-off points. Further, a transfer application must be endorsed by both the receiving and the releasing institutions, which have been enabled to do so online. Hence, students will not have to physically visit the institutions.
KUCCPS GENERAL INTER-INSTITUTION TRANSFER APPLICATION GUIDELINES
Applicants should note the following.
- All applications for KUCCPS inter-institution transfers MUST be submitted online through the Student’s Portal (students.kuccps.net). The entire process is automated and printing the filled application form will no longer be necessary.
- Detailed guidelines for the IIT application are available on the portal.
- For a transfer to be completed, it must be endorsed by both the university/college where the applicant has been placed and the university/college where the applicant wishes to transfer to.
- One must meet the applicable cut-off points and minimum requirements to apply.
- The IIT processing fee should be paid only after the applicant has successfully completed the necessary steps in the application process following the instructions provided in the portal. Do not make any prior payment.
- Applicants are cautioned against sending money to any individual purporting to be in a position to assist them. The Placement Service does not require applicants to send money to any mobile phone numbers.
- While applying, a student can retain the same course but change institution or change both course and institution.
- A processing fee of Ksh 1,000 will be charged and should be paid only after the system prompts you to pay. Payments must be done using the KUCCPS Paybill Number 820201.
- Please read and follow all instructions provided.
KUCCPS ONLINE INTER-INSTITUTION TRANSFER GUIDELINES FOR STUDENTS
- Log in to the Student’s Portal students.kuccps.net.
- Click on the “Transfers” menu on the dashboard once you have successfully logged in.
- Click on the “Online Transfers“ icon.
- Enter the code of the programme that you wish to transfer to.
- Attach the evidence and reason(s) for which you wish to seek the transfer.
- Once the reason and evidence for the transfer has been uploaded, make a payment of Kshs. 1,000 (one thousand) through MPESA Paybill Number 820201. The account number will be your KCSE year followed by the Index Number (e.g., 2021xxxxxxxxxxx).
- Continue checking the progress of your application for transfer through the Student’s Portal.
- Once the request for transfer has been approved by KUCCPS, download and print the transfer letter and submit one copy to the institution you are transferring to so that they can issue the admission letter and other joining instructions.
- If the receiving institution declines to endorse the application for transfer, the student will be notified through their portal and advised to try a different programme in either the same institution or a different one.
- The student must initiate an online transfer application and submit to the receiving institution.
- The receiving institution endorses the transfer applications received through their institution portal and submit.
- The releasing institution receives and clears the student (applicant) through its institutions portal and submits.
- The endorsed application comes to the CEO, KUCCPS for approval and a transfer letter will be generated and accessed by the applicant.
- The applicant downloads the approved transfer letter, present the same to the receiving institution for admission and joining instructions.
KUCCPS ONLINE INTER-INSTITUTION TRANSFER GUIDELINES FOR INSTITUTIONS
- The student (applicant) shall log in to their online portal and complete a transfer application form.
- Upon completion, the request shall be forwarded to the receiving institution for endorsement.
- The receiving institution shall endorse the transfer applications received through their institution portal and submit. Endorsement shall be
done by the Head of the institution or an officer delegated to endorse on behalf of the Head of the institution.
- The receiving institution shall consider an application guided by the available capacity, minimum entry requirements and cut-off Points, and:
- If accepted, the application will be forwarded to the releasing institution for consideration and endorsement.
- If rejected, the rejected transfer request will revert to the applicant with comments from the receiving institution.
- The institution will have seven (7) days to endorse the transfer application, failure to which the application will revert to the applicant.
- The Head of the current institution shall either accept or reject the request to clear the applicant for transfer taking into account any obligations owed to the institution by the applicant, and:
- If cleared, the request is forwarded to the Placement Service for review and final approval.
- If not cleared, the application reverts to the student with the reason provided for follow-up or
appeal to the Placement Service.
- The current institution shall have seven (7) days to endorse the transfer application, failure to which the application shall revert back to KUCCPS for action.
- Thereafter, the KUCCPS CEO shall review the application, and:
- If the application is approved, the KUCCPS inter-institution transfer letter will be generated automatically for download by the applicant and both the receiving and the releasing institutions through their respective portals.
- If the application is not approved, the applicant will receive a notification with the reason for rejection.
- Thereafter, the applicant shall download the approved transfer letter and present it the receiving institution for admission and joining instructions.
- An inter institution transfer shall only be valid after approval by KUCCPS.
- Universities and colleges will inform their respective placed students about admission letters and issue joining instructions. If you would like to reach out to your university/college directly, their websites are a good place to start, especially if you’re searching for their contact details.
Applicants will be able to monitor the progress of their applications through the portal and, once approved, transfer letters will be posted on the portal for download by the applicants.
Update: Get the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) Application Fee Here
KUCCPS INTER-INSTITUTION TRANSFER APPLICATION DEADLINE
The 2022 Inter-Institution Transfer (IIT) window will close on August 24, 2022.
KUCCPS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION ON INTER-INSTITUTION TRANSFER APPLICATION
1. Will my transfer be approved if the receiving institution endorses it, but the releasing institution declines?
- Answer: Your application will move to KUCCPS for further direction or administrative action.
2. Can I transfer from a diploma to a degree programme?
- Answer: You can transfer to a degree course if you attained a mean grade of C+ and above and you meet the specific requirements of the degree programme.
3. How many times can one request for an inter-institution transfer?
- Answer: Inter-institution transfer is allowed only once.
4. What kind of financial reason support document do I have to attach when applying for application?
- Answer: Attach a copy of the fee structure for the institution that you are transferring to.
5. How long does it take for the inter-institution transfer to be concluded?
- Answer: It takes 14 days upon receipt of your fully endorsed application.
6. Can you transfer online even if you were placed during previous placement such as 2021 and has studied shortly?
- Answer: Previous years candidates are not eligible to transfer online.
7. How much does one pay for an inter-institution transfer?
- Answer: The inter-institution transfer processing charges is Ksh.1,000.
8. Will my transfer be approved if the receiving institution endorses it, but the releasing institution declines?
- Answer: Your application will move to KUCCPS for further direction or administrative action.
9. I tried the application of the inter institutional transfer and I reached upto “transfer letter” will I get the letter from my previous school or KUCCPS?
- Answer: The inter-institution transfer letter will be generated automatically for download through your KUCCPS student portal as soon as it is ready. You will then present it to the university/college that you have transferred to for an admission letter.
10. What should I do if the institution I am seeking to transfer to fails to endorse my transfer?
- Answer: Your application will revert back to you immediately the institution denies endorsement or fails to act after 7 days. This enables you to initiate a fresh application.
11. After my transfer is approved, when will I be reporting to the new institution and how will I get the admission letter?
- Answer: The institution that you have transferred to, is responsible for issuing the admission letter and other joining instructions.
12. I deferred my studies and now wish to move to another institution. Are previous years’ candidates allowed to transfer?
- Answer: The current online transfer application is only for those who sat the 2021 KCSE examination and were placed in universities and colleges.
13. I only wish to change the course and not the university or college. What is the process?
- Answer: You can change the course through an inter-faculty transfer, which is handled by the university/college. The institution’s academic registrar will guide you.
14. Am I allowed to change both the course and the institution?
- Answer: It is possible to change both the course and institution provided you meet the course subject requirements and cut-off points.
15. I have selected the reason for transfer and I am required to attach a supporting document. What I am supposed to attach?
- Answer: Attach a document that supports the reason that you have provided. For example, if it’s medical reasons, attach a letter from the health centre.
16. What should I do after downloading the inter-institutional transfer letter from the Student’s Portal?
- Answer: Present it to the university/college that you have been transferred to for the institution to issue you with an admission letter and joining instructions.