Therefore, this article contains the full list of all the diploma courses and Makerere University, MAK Diploma Admission forms and Requirements: 2020/2021. University, MAK Admission requirement for all the courses at the diploma level is updated every year.
- Check Out Makerere University Admission Requirements: 2020/2021
- Check Out Makerere University Fees Structure: 2020/2021
For admission into programmes of study at the Makerere University, MAK for any first degree, an applicant must have the following requirements for a successful admission.
MAKERERE UNIVERSITY ADMISSION AND APPLICATION PROCEDURE
The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications from Diploma Holders only for admission under the Government Sponsorship Scheme (not exceeding 5% of the intake capacity) to the University Degree Programmes for the 2020/2021 Academic year listed below.
Each applicant should possess at least a Credit or Second Class or equivalent Diploma in a relevant field from a recognised Institution plus a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 Passes (or its equivalent) and a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least One Principal Pass and Two Subsidiary Passes obtained at the same sitting (or its equivalent). Please note that the Principal subjects required for admission to Diploma must be passed at Principal or Subsidiary levels.
- Check Out Makerere University Student Portal: student.mak.ac.ug
- Check Out Makerere University Online Application Forms – 2020/2021 Admission
A non refundable application fee of Shs.50,000/ = (Fifty thousand shillings only) plus the Bank Charge should be paid to any Stanbic Bank, dfcu Bank (Makerere Branch), Post Bank, Centenary Bank before collecting the application form from the Admissions Office, Room 315 and 316 Level 3, in the Senate Building, Makerere University.
Certified copies of Diploma Transcripts (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding Institutions must be attached to the application forms. Incomplete
application forms shall not be processed. Details of the Diplomas required for each programme can be viewed on Undergraduate Admissions Notice Board on Level 3, Senate
Building, Makerere University.
NB: Candidates will be responsible for verification of their academic documents from the awarding Institutions after admission.
Each applicant should also attach a copy of the Birth Certificate to the application form.
The closing date for returning the completed application forms to the University is Thursday 31st January, 2020.
MLT Bachelor of Biomedical Laboratory Technology
1. HOW TO APPLY
Application will be online using the new AIMS System after getting a pay reference number using the new AIMS System Number but applicants will have to submit certified copies of their Diploma transcripts and certificates and a passport size photograph to Office 315 and 316, Level 3 Senate Building after payment of application fees.
2. MAKERERE UNIVERSITY ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL USER GUIDE
1. Applicants should access the Institution’s Admissions URL https://admissions.mak.ac.ug
2. Signup using full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid. If you changed your names please go to Senate Building Office 301 with an affidavit supporting the name change.
3. A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
4. The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
5. To fill a form the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the running scheme.
6. Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on “Pay for Form” button
7. Make a payment at any of the following Banks:
(b) Post Bank
(c) Centenary Bank
(d) DFCU Bank
(e) UBA Bank
(i) Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people’s academic documents to support their applications for admission. The consequences, if discovered, are very grave indeed.
(ii) Do not buy any other documents not originating from the Academic Registrar’s Office. Those who buy them do so at their own risk.
(iii) The Academic Registrar has not appointed any agents to act on his behalf to solicit for additional funds other than the application fee stated above.
MAKERERE UNIVERSITY, MAK DIPLOMA ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda welcomes Diploma Applicants who satisfy the following minimum entry requirements:
- Each applicant should possess AT LEAST a Credit or Second Class or equivalent Diploma in a relevant field from a recognised Institution plus a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 Passes (or its equivalent) and a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least One Principal Pass and Two Subsidiary Passes obtained at the same sitting (or its equivalent) .
(i) Ordinary Diploma Programme
The minimum entry requirements for admission to an ordinary diploma programme are:
a) Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes
b) Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least 1 Principal pass and 2 Subsidiary passes obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent.
ii) Admission of CISCO Holders to Makerere University Programmes
The requirements for admitting applicants who possess CISCO Qualification to programmes at Makerere University are:
a) A candidate who has completed the full series of training (known as CCNA 1- 4 stages) under the aegis of the CISCO programmes, can be considered as having obtained the equivalent of an Ordinary Diploma with effect from 2010/2011 Intake.
b) Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes
c) Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least 1 Principal Pass and 2 Subsidiary Passes obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent.
For further Inquiries, please leave a comment below
- Check Out List Of Courses Offered at Makerere University: 2020/2021
- Check Out Makerere University Cut Off Points