This article contains information on the National University of Science & Technology, NUST Admission application Form for Master of Medicine (MMED) Degree in Family Medicine programme – 2021 Intake and how to Apply. It also contains the National University of Science & Technology, NUST Master of Medicine (MMED) Degree in Family Medicine Application form download link, its online application where necessary as well as the National University of Science & Technology, NUST Master of Medicine (MMED) Degree in Family Medicine Admission requirements.
Applicants are invited for admission into the above four year (full time) Degree Programme. This qualification in Family Medicine is intended for doctors in possession of a first degree in medicine to acquire additional knowledge, skills and attitude to enable them to:
Provide competent, comprehensive and continuous patient-centered medical care, using the biopsychosocial model, in a continuum across all facilities in the district and provincial health system. This includes curative, preventive, promotive, palliative and rehabilitative care. An attitude of lifelong learning will be fostered, ensuring continuing self development and development of the discipline of Family Medicine. Society will gain specialist family physicians that will strengthen the delivery of primary health care and district level health services, from the community to the clinic /health centre to the district hospitals, leading to improved quality of care , and ultimately, reduced morbidity and mortality.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified SCHOOL LEAVERS, NON-SCHOOL LEAVERS, and SPECIAL CASES.
NUST MMED APPLICATION PROCEDURE & ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for the MMED Degree in Family Medicine programme may be accepted if they satisfy the General Academic Regulations for acceptance to NUST and in addition:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or equivalent.
- Have completed a General Medical Education (GME) post internship.
- Have a current registration and practising certificate with the Medical and Dental Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe (MDPCZ).
Short-listed candidates for admission to the MMED Degree in Family Medicine programme may be interviewed as part of the selection process.
Documents to be included with your application:
- A curriculum vitae (CV)
- Certified copies of a full academic transcript and academic certificates (Please include English translation of documents where appropriate)
- Professional registration certificates (MDPCZ)
- Letter of recommendation from present institution
- A recent certificate of good standing (MDPCZ)
- Certified copy of a passport or identity document
- Original copies of recent reference letters
- Motivational letter from the student
A non-refundable application fee of RTGS100, must accompany the Application Form.
Applicants should attach CERTIFIED copies of the following:
- a) Birth Certificate
- b) National Registration Identity Card
- c) Relevant academic and/or professional Certificates and Transcripts
- d) Detailed Curriculum Vitae, which should include names and addresses of two referees
- e) Full contact details: home and work landline telephone numbers, cell numbers and email address(es)
The Application Forms can be obtained from:
The Senior Assistant Registrar, Admissions and Students Records, NUST, Gwanda Road/Cecil Avenue, P. O. Box AC 939, Ascot, Bulawayo. Telephone 09-282842/39/58; 289557; 284231; Fax: 09-286803, Or The NUST Information Office in HARARE, at ZIMDEF House, 18572 OFF Mother Patrick Avenue, Rotten Row. Phone 04-794848, or may be downloaded from this LINK
Please note that ALL HARARE APPLICANTS are required to deposit their application fees of $20 to the following bank: FBC Jason Moyo Branch, Bulawayo, Account Number 3120068620276, before collecting application forms from the NUST Harare office.
- Online applications should be submitted not later than 05 November 2020.