Application for the TAUS Partnership Scholarship (TPS) in Tanzania – 2021/2022 Entry is now open by the Tanzanian Adventists in United States of America (TAUS) in Tanzania.
Tanzania Adventists in the United States of America(TAUS) members are dedicated to supporting Tanzania Unions and local Conferences’ effort in preparing and educating qualified Theology or Religion students to meet the needs of increasing church membership.
The Purpose of the TAUS Scholarship Program is to provide scholarships to Theology or Religion. students attending/will be attending University of Arusha in Tanzania or Bugema University in Uganda. The scholarship is intended to help them pursue or complete their first degree program in Theology or Religion. TAUS hope that this Scholarship Program will empower church members who have demonstrated God’s calling to the gospel ministry in the designated area with need-based educational resources.
The total number of scholarships to be awarded each year for each scholarship will depend on factors including but not limited to: availability of funds, applicant qualifications, and/or TAUS members’ decisions made through the Executive Committee and recommendations of the TAUS Scholarship Committee (TASC). TAUS Scholarship individual maximum award per academic year is US$900.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in Tanzania. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
TAUS offers two other types of scholarships: Conference and TAUS Partnership (CTP) Scholarship; TAUS Mission Scholarship (TMS). All these scholarships apply only to tuition and fees that must be paid direct to the university.
TAUS PARTNERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP (TPS) ELIGIBILITY
The TPS scholarship is available to only to 2rd and 3rd year Theology or Religion students, including returning diploma holders student who were in the field (Conference employees) and wish to complete their first degree in Theology or Religion.
TPS Scholarship Eligibility
- Pastoral ministry work experience from any local conference in Tanzania.
- A minimum grade average of B in all completed courses.
- Able to receive an endorsement from local conference.
- Demonstrated ministerial and leadership qualities and potential upon graduation.
- Tanzania citizen and Seventh – day Adventist church member in good standing.
TPS Scholarship Award Limits
- The maximum of US$900 per academic year will be awarded.
- The Award is renewable up to two consecutive academic years to qualified students. Award renewals are not guaranteed.
TAUS PARTNERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP (TPS) APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The DEADLINE for scholarship applications is November 1st, 2021, 11:55 PM East African Time (no exceptions).
- You will be notified through email by January 10, 2022 should you be selected for this scholarship
- Please submit a completed application form including all required recommendation letters (if handwritten, please print legibly). Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Do not leave any question unanswered. Please write N/A if a question does not apply to you,
- For those planning to start their degree program, please submit a copy of your official high school/diploma transcript. Those already started their degree program must submit a copy of their most recent official university transcript.
Please Note: TAUS will process scholarship application received by email only. The email address is: [email protected]. All required documents including the application form must be sent as attachments in ONE EMAIL to the given email above. TAUS will not process any incomplete application or applications not sent to the email provided in this form.