This article contains information on the University of Nairobi, UoN Online Application forms for 2022/2023 admission as well as steps on how to Apply. It also contains the University of Nairobi, UoN Application form download link as well as its online application where necessary.
This article contains information on the University of Nairobi, UoN Online Application form and requirements for admission into Undergraduate Degree, Diploma Programmes and Postgraduate degree programs for the 2022/2023 academic year.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified SCHOOL LEAVERS, NON-SCHOOL LEAVERS, and SPECIAL CASES.
UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI, UoN ADMISSION APPLICATION GUIDELINES
Application for admission into the University of Nairobi is basically online. Kindly follow the instructions clearly stated below to apply. Before continuing please read the University of Nairobi admission requirements
Please ensure that you meet the admission requirements before applying.
- It is in your best interest to complete your own The University of Nairobi does not make use of representatives, agents or agencies during the application process. If you choose to make use of representatives, agents or agencies, you do so at your own risk.
- The closing dates are non-negotiable. It is your responsibility to ensure you apply before the applicable deadline!
- It is of utmost importance that you provide your correct personal email, Mobile Number, postal addresses and Next of Kin contacts to enable the University of Nairobi to contact with you
You will only be able to submit your online application once you have:
- Complete the full online application form, AND
- Uploaded all the necessary scanned supporting documents in .pdf format, AND
- Either paid the application fee by any of the provided
- If you have not successfully paid by either means, your form has not been Once your application has been successfully submitted after you have clicked VERIFY and APPLY:
- You will no longer be able to do any further editing of your application via the Online Application
- You will be informed by SMS and Email what your allocated reference number
- You will also be sent other important procedures describing how to check your progress and application results on your dashboard.
Persons with disabilities:
The online application system provides the facility for an applicant to disclose his/her disability status. Applicants are encouraged to make use of this facility to disclose their disability status at this point in the application process. Such a disclosure will in no way prejudice an application. Disclosing your disability status enables the University of Nairobi to better anticipate the needs arising from these disabilities.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR THE UON ONLINE APPLICATION
Step 1: Access from your computer application.uonbi.ac.ke
Step 2: Profile Registration – For first time applicants, create a personal profile by clicking on “Click Here to Register Button” to proceed to fill the all the required information
Note: All details marked with a red asterisk are mandatory and you will be required to provide them before you proceed and you must read and accept the terms and conditions before submitting your details.
Upon completion, an email will be sent to you (email provided during registration) requiring you to log in into your email account and activate your account together with your username and password.
This will allow you to log into your account to manage your profile and track the progress of your application. To create your account please click on the Register button otherwise enter your username and password to log in to your account.
Step 3: Profile Management
To apply for a University programme you will be required to complete your profile. These include your Personal details, Contact information, Education background, Work experience and Referees. You will also be required to upload scanned copies of your certificates, transcripts and passport photo.
Note: If you do not manage to complete your profile in one session your data will be saved and you can still come back and complete it at a later time.
Step 4: Programme Selection
Only when your profile is complete can you apply for the programme you wish to undertake. Go to “Click here to apply” menu option on the Dashboard where you will select your programme from the intakes that are open at the time of making the application. Then click on “Apply for intake” Button
Once you click you will be led to the form below where you select the preferred type of degree. You will also be able to view the entry requirements for the programme to see if you meet the requirements before making the application.
On selection of the degree programme types e.g Certificate & Diploma, Undergraduate/Bachelors, Masters/Postgraduate Diplomas or PhD you intent to apply for, you will get a list of all the available programmes in that category. Click on ‘Apply for this Programme’ Button alongside the preferred programme.
Payment of UoN Application Fees
If satisfied and wish to proceed you will be directed to the payment section where you pay the application fees. The system supports online payment using Master and Visa cards, Mpesa and payment through the bank. In each case the system will issue an applicant reference number which should be used as the account no when making the payment.
APPLICATION FEE PAYMENT VIA M-PESA
Pay the required amount through your mobile phone by M-PESA following the instructions below:
- Go to M-PESA on your
- Select Lipa na M-PESA option
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business
- Enter your Reference number as sent to your mobile phone
- Enter the Amount you intend to
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send
N/B. Only make the payment if you have been allocated an application reference number sent to your phone or email
APPLICATION FEE PAYMENT USING VISA CARD
You can also pay using a VISA debit or credit card by choosing the VISA option.
NOTE: You will be notified on successful payment process. You can print the payment report generated after the process.
PAYMENT BY DIRECT BANKING
- Visit any Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) branch
- Obtain a cash deposit slip
- Enter the branch as University Way
- Enter Account number 1177475707
- Enter Account Name University of Nairobi (CESSP)
- Quote the application reference number as sent to your mobile phone
- Enter amount being paid (KES3,000.00)
- Deposit your money
- Log in to your online application account to confirm that the payment has been processed
UON APPLICATION PROGRESS TRACKING
The online application system provides a mechanism for applicants to track the progress of admission process at any given time, and also download the admission letter and joining instructions.
All this can be done from the applicant’s portal account by click of a button.
UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI APPLICATION DATES
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year
- Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and
- December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism
- April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts),Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and Media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses
The advertisements for the intakes are usually carried in the local press two months before the intake and March/April for the September/October main intake.
University of Nairobi, UoN Online Application Portal
To access the application forms, you need to first visit the online admission portal with a valid e-mail address and an Access Code. If you already have an Access Code, you may continue with the login.