We are pleased and excited to announce to you that the University of Nairobi (UON) Online Application for the 2023/2024 academic year is now open for all interested and qualified applicants. We are not just making this announcement known but also providing various steps on how to apply online for University of Nairobi (UON) admission.
STEPS ON HOW TO APPLY ONLINE FOR UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI (UON) ADMISSION
To use the University of Nairobi (UON) online application feature, you must have a working internet device, a valid email address which is not shared with another University of Nairobi (UON) applicant, your South African identity number, or, if you are an international applicant, and your passport number. Kindly follow the easy steps below to apply online for University of Nairobi (UON) admission:
1. Apply Online (How to Apply Online at University of Nairobi (UON))
Step 1: Access from your computer application.uonbi.ac.ke
Step 2: Profile Registration – For first time applicants, create a personal profile by clicking on “Click Here to Register Button” to proceed to fill the all the required information
Note: All details marked with a red asterisk are mandatory and you will be required to provide them before you proceed and you must read and accept the terms and conditions before submitting your details.
Upon completion, an email will be sent to you (email provided during registration) requiring you to log in into your email account and activate your account together with your username and password.
This will allow you to log into your account to manage your profile and track the progress of your application. To create your account please click on the Register button otherwise enter your username and password to log in to your account.
Step 3: Profile Management
To apply for a University programme you will be required to complete your profile. These include your Personal details, Contact information, Education background, Work experience and Referees. You will also be required to upload scanned copies of your certificates, transcripts and passport photo.
Note: If you do not manage to complete your profile in one session your data will be saved and you can still come back and complete it at a later time.
Step 4: Programme Selection
Only when your profile is complete can you apply for the programme you wish to undertake. Go to “Click here to apply” menu option on the Dashboard where you will select your programme from the intakes that are open at the time of making the application. Then click on “Apply for intake” Button
Once you click you will be led to the form below where you select the preferred type of degree. You will also be able to view the entry requirements for the programme to see if you meet the requirements before making the application.
On selection of the degree programme types e.g Certificate & Diploma, Undergraduate/Bachelors, Masters/Postgraduate Diplomas or PhD you intent to apply for, you will get a list of all the available programmes in that category. Click on ‘Apply for this Programme’ Button alongside the preferred programme.
Payment of UoN Application FeesIf satisfied and wish to proceed you will be directed to the payment section where you pay the application fees. The system supports online payment using Master and Visa cards, Mpesa and payment through the bank. In each case the system will issue an applicant reference number which should be used as the account no when making the payment.
APPLICATION FEE PAYMENT VIA M-PESAPay the required amount through your mobile phone by M-PESA following the instructions below:
- Go to M-PESA on your
- Select Lipa na M-PESA option
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business
- Enter your Reference number as sent to your mobile phone
- Enter the amount you intend to
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send
N/B. Only make the payment if you have been allocated an application reference number sent to your phone or email
APPLICATION FEE PAYMENT USING VISA CARD
- You can also pay using a VISA debit or credit card by choosing the VISA option.
NOTE: You will be notified on successful payment process. You can print the payment report generated after the process.
PAYMENT BY DIRECT BANKING
- Visit any Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) branch
- Obtain a cash deposit slip
- Enter the branch as University Way
- Enter Account number 1177475707
- Enter Account Name University of Nairobi (CESSP)
- Quote the application reference number as sent to your mobile phone
- Enter the amount being paid (KES3,000.00)
- Deposit your money
- Log in to your online application account to confirm that the payment has been processed
2. Acknowledgement of Application
- You will receive an email confirming online submission of your application immediately.
- Within three working days, you should receive formal acknowledgment of your application along with your student number and log-in details.
- Note this acknowledgement does not mean you’ve been accepted or admitted to University of Nairobi (UON).
3. Upload Supporting Documents
In order to consider your application, please upload every necessary supporting documents listed below on this article. If the application is incomplete, it may be declined by the college.
4. Acceptance of Offer
When we update your application, you will receive an email communication. Please monitor your email account closely for updates. You can also check your status online with the log-in credentials that we will send you after you apply. We are not permitted to disclose your application status telephonically.
LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI (UON) ONLINE APPLICATION
Upload certified copies of the following in PDF format when you apply for undergraduate studies:
- Your ID if you are a South African citizen
- Your passport if you are an international student
- Your guardian/parent’s ID or passport if you are younger than 18 years
- National Senior Certificate if you have already matriculated
- Your final Grade 11 results with the school’s stamp if you are still in Grade 12
- Your academic record, only if you are a current student at another institution of higher learning
UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI APPLICATION DATES
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year
- Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and
- December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism
- April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts),Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and Media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses
Gather all the necessary documents and get ready to follow the steps on our website to a successful University of Nairobi (UON) online application. We will try as much as possible to make your application smooth and seamless. But before we proceed, remember that this application is open to all prospective diploma and certificate students. The only thing you need right now to apply for admission to the prestigious University of Nairobi (UON) is to be eligible and ready.
The management of the University of Nairobi (UON) is no stranger to technology, as they have made this application exclusively online, unlike the rigorous task of going through the paper-based application (only when necessary). I hope we have been able to make your University of Nairobi (UON) online application for 2023/2024 seamless and easy. The University of Nairobi (UON) is really a place to be and we have our reasons for that. According to a statement on the college’s website, over the years, they’ve been proudly part of Sommet Education, the world’s leader in hospitality management education.
what about south sudaneses student who want to joins your school will you accept him?
I want to do distant learning.
When is the intake for school based Masters programmes?