We are pleased to announce that the application for the 2024 Rhodes Scholarship is now open.
Are you a young leader with high potential, outstanding intellect, and a commitment to service? The Rhodes Trust (UK) has been awarding Rhodes Scholarships for post-graduate study at Oxford University for the last 120 years to individuals just like you. This globally inclusive and thoughtful community of leaders is now inviting applicants from the Southern African constituency for its annual scholarship programme.
Benefits of The Rhodes Scholarship
The Rhodes Scholarship offers:
- Inclusive Opportunities: Scholarships are awarded based on talent and excellence, irrespective of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic circumstances, university attended, or field of study.
- Postgraduate Studies at Oxford University: The scholarship covers any full-time postgraduate course of study offered at Oxford University.
- Financial Coverage: The Rhodes Scholarship fully covers two years of study and most of the graduate’s expenses in Oxford, including Oxford University application fee and annual tuition fees, an annual stipend, one return air flight (SA-UK-SA) per scholarship, financial assistance with Student Visa and health insurance costs, a settling-in allowance, and a superb wrap-around support and an in-house Character, Service, and Leadership Programme.
Rhodes Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must:
- Be a graduate from the selected Southern African constituency (South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, and eSwatini), who meets the eligibility criteria (citizenship, residency, academic, and age criteria).
- Check your eligibility here.
Rhodes Scholarship Application Procedure
To apply for this opportunity:
- Check your eligibility and apply at the Rhodes Trust website.
- Follow the application instructions provided on the page.
Please note that you must submit the following documents with your online application:
- A copy of your birth certificate.
- A copy of a valid passport or ID document.
- An official academic transcript from the college or university at which you are studying, or have studied, showing grades achieved (to date).
- A copy of your South African National Senior Certificate (NSC).
- Copies of your degree certificates.
- A full curriculum vitae.
- A head-and-shoulders colour photograph (jpg format).
- A personal statement of no more than 750 words.
- An academic statement.
- The names and contact details of four referees.
Rhodes Scholarship Application Dates
Online applications for 2024 open on 01 June 2023 and close on 01 August 2023.