We are pleased to announce that the application for the 2024 Vulamathuba Empumelelo Bursary Fund is now open.
The Vulamathuba Empumelelo Bursary Fund (VEBF) is a transformative initiative designed to empower individuals from previously marginalized communities with the tools and resources they need to thrive in today’s competitive job market. Administered by Vulamathuba Empumelelo, the community and social development division of Communicare Social Enterprise, the VEBF program is focused on creating opportunities for economic growth for its recipients. This is accomplished by providing financial aid to academically promising individuals who are economically disadvantaged and aspire to pursue qualifications in fields considered to be scarce or critical skills in South Africa.
The VEBF is not merely a financial aid program. It is a catalyst for change, a powerful platform designed to break the barriers of economic disadvantage and foster a culture of excellence and ambition among South Africa’s marginalized communities. By enabling access to quality education, the VEBF program is playing a pivotal role in shaping a new generation of skilled, confident, and driven individuals ready to make their mark in the world.
Benefits of the Vulamathuba Empumelelo Bursary Fund
The VEBF Bursary is an extensive program that covers several critical aspects of a student’s educational journey. Here are the key benefits that VEBF recipients receive:
- Tuition Coverage: The bursary covers the full cost of tuition (course fees) for the duration of the recipient’s studies.
- Registration Costs: The bursary program also covers the initial registration costs, easing the financial burden on the student at the start of their academic journey.
- Textbooks and Academic Resources: VEBF ensures that its recipients have access to all necessary textbooks and other academic resource materials relevant to their course of study.
- Examination Fees: If applicable, the bursary covers the costs of any examination fees associated with the student’s course of study.
However, it’s important to note that the bursary does not cover costs associated with electronic devices, stationery, or expenses related to previous study loans or tuition. The maximum amount allocated to each student is R45,000.
Eligibility Criteria for the Vulamathuba Empumelelo Bursary Fund
The VEBF bursary is open to a wide range of individuals, with a few key eligibility criteria to consider:
- Affiliation: The bursary is open to individuals who desire to study at a recognized and accredited TVET College in the current academic year.
- Location: Priority is given to individuals accepted to study at public institutions in the Western Cape.
- Academic Performance: The fund will consider bursary applications from academically performing learners with or without disabilities.
- Employment Status: Both employed and unemployed individuals are eligible to apply.
- Previous Education: Those who have passed Grade 12 in previous years and students who are already at recognized and accredited TVET colleges are eligible for the bursary.
- Mode of Study: The bursary is open for applications for full-time or part-time studies toward an academic or artisan qualification.
- Income Limit: The annual gross income of the household must not exceed R350,000 for a candidate to qualify for this funding.
Application Procedure for the Vulamathuba Empumelelo Bursary Fund
Before applying for the VEBF bursary, candidates should ensure they meet all the eligibility criteria outlined above. Once confirmed, candidates can proceed with the application process.
Important Dates for the Vulamathuba Empumelelo Bursary Fund
All candidates interested in the VEBF bursary should note the following important dates:
- Application Deadline: The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 31 May 2023.