We pleased to present to you an updated list of Anglo American latest vacancies for July 2021 and how to apply. It involves the Job titles, roles/responsibilities, requirements and the salary involved.
Every year the Anglo American publishes vacant position for interested & qualified South African citizens to apply for. This year is not an exception. Therefore the Jobs are listed below together with their requirements, roles, salary and qualifications.
When you join Anglo American- Global Shared Services, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
This Circular is published on a weekly basis and contains the advertisements of vacant posts and jobs in Anglo American. Although the Circular is issued by the Anglo American Team is not responsible for the content of the advertisements. Inquiries about an advertisement must be addressed to the relevant advertising department.
ANGLO AMERICAN CAREER (VACANT) POSITIONS, ROLES, REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
1. Mechanical Engineer
- Business Unit / Group Function: Strategy and Innovation
- Discipline: Engineering
- Location: Open Location
- Reference Id: REF11040C
- Experience / Work Type: Associate / Permanent Employee
- Closing Date: 10 June, 2021
Looking for a brilliant career?
Join us as our Mechanical Engineer and design, develop and implement mechanical systems, and sub-systems, from concept to production.
We’re the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world, with a mission to support local communities, protect our natural environment and shape a brighter future.
With headquarters in London and mines in four countries – Botswana, Canada, Namibia and South Africa – we are truly global. Established in 1888, our expertise ranges from exploration and diamond recovery, to rough diamond sales and diamond jewellery retail.
We market our polished diamonds through two brands, Forevermark and De Beers Jewellers, while our Element Six operation is the world leader in the design, development and production of synthetic diamond materials for industrial and electronic applications.
We’ve opened research and development centres around the world in our mission to evolve the diamond industry for the better, and we take our environmental responsibility seriously. We work to minimise the impact of our operations, investing heavily to find a balance between economic growth and long-term sustainability.
We seek talented people who share our belief in a better future for mining and are ready to make a difference. Are you one of them?
- Concept generation of mechanical systems – use relevant tools and techniques for generating and communicating concepts of proposed mechanical solutions to team members and stakeholders.
- Create technical specifications of end-products – produce appropriate technical specifications based upon required criteria of system/product (ie process, environmental, financial, safety). Specify suitable components and systems (procured or manufactured) as required.
- Generate CAD models of designs, along with associated part, and assembly, drawings – use 3D CAD package (such as Creo) to model parts and assemblies of mechanical systems, displaying good-practice modelling principles.
- Use relevant prototyping, manufacturing methodologies, and material selection to test, build, and validate designs – build and test designs, using relevant prototyping/manufacturing techniques to validate applicability. Create and lead experiments, where suitable, providing recommendations for end-product.
- Adhere to relevant safety and environmental standards of systems and sub-systems – develop products that satisfy internal company standards and meet required safety and environmental standards (such as ISO 18001, ISO 14001)
- Ensure work is documented to a high-standard – document designs, experiments, user manuals, safety documentation, to a high-standard for various stakeholders (management, team members, end users etc)
- Identify and communicate areas of risk from a mechanical standpoint – highlight development risks that have impact to technical, financial, and schedule deliveries
- Minimum: BEng/BSc in mechanical, or related, engineering discipline
- Preferred: MSc/MEng in a Mechanical engineering discipline
- Demonstrable experience of mechanical design
- Experience of product development lifecycle (cradle to grave)
- Experience of developing complex mechanical systems for high-precision products
- Experience of integrated electro-mechanical systems, high speed mechanics and special purpose machinery
- Designing for compliance to global standards (i.e. safety and environmental standards)
- 3D Computer Aided Design (solid modelling, surface modelling, assemblies, drawings), ideally Creo.
- WindChill or similar
- Agile Development Principles
- Rapid prototyping techniques (3D printing, SLA, SLS, etc)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent teamwork
- Self-driven and ability to consistently deliver on time and to specification
- Ability to work in an independent team
2. Emergency Response Coordinator
- Business Unit / Group Function: De Beers Group
- Discipline: Safety & Sustainable Development
- Location: Open Location
- Reference Id: REF12006I
- Experience / Work Type: Entry Level / Permanent Employee
- Closing Date: 10 June, 2021
To plan, develop and implement the overarching disaster management program and safety programs at KMDL in line with SHE Management Systems and disaster management framework and with De Beers policies, guidelines, procedures and international ISO certifications and engage external stakeholders to gain the necessary support for Emergency Response.
- Develop and manage an integrated disaster management system to ensure achievement of objectives, by establishing and implementing approved medium- and long-term plans, aligned to the legal requirements and the Company’s strategic business goals.
- Develop and implement prevention, preparedness and mitigation strategies to address high risk internal and external disaster and safety threats and related interfacing issues and unusual conditions.
- Develop and implement emergency response strategies for threatening and real time internal and external risks.
- Ensure the servicing of emergency response and safety equipment to OEM requirements.
- Facilitate or provide the necessary training to ERT members as required (internal and external training).
- Implement and maintain disaster management and safety programmes in support of legal registrations and certification as well as ISO certification.
- Prepare for and participate in all audits that include emergency preparedness and response and safety components.
- Manage effective disaster and safety management system administration activities through assessing and reviewing all relevant data.
- Liaise with external stakeholders with regards to permissions, exemptions and legal liability.
- Collaborate with teams to ensure optimal use of Isometrix.
- Co-operates with colleagues to facilitate the achievement of company objectives.
- Degree in Disaster Management and/or Health and Safety Management.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Disaster Management and ISO certification implementation and maintenance.
- Successful completion of the ORMP training program and knowledge of Anglo-American Group Safety Standards would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in leading incident investigations
- Experience working with the relevant legislation.
- Strong reporting experience and knowledge, including working with statistics.
- Experience and or qualification in auditing of ISO systems would be advantageous
- Computer literate with MS Office Software.
- Provides a consistent understanding and application of safety systems and standards within the workplace.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ANGLO AMERICAN JOBS
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the application deadline, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Preference will be given to applications from the designated group defined in terms of Employment Equity.
The Learnership programme DOES NOTprovide accommodation.
- Applications should reach the ANGLO AMERICAN Management on time. As it is based on first-come first-serve basis.
More Anglo American Opportunities:
- How to Apply for 2021 Anglo American Mining Learnership
- How to Apply for 2021 Anglo American Social Performance Internships
- How to Apply for 2021 Anglo American SHE Internships
- How to Apply for 2021 Anglo American Mine Survey Internships
- How to Apply for 2021 Anglo American Information Mgt Internships
- How to Apply for 2021 Anglo American HRM Internships
- How to Apply for 2021 Anglo American Finance Internships
- How to Apply for 2021 Anglo American Engineering Internships
- How to Apply for 2021 Anglo American Scholarship & Bursary
- How to Apply for 2021 Anglo American Rock Engineering
- How to Apply for 2021 Anglo American Bursar Metallurgy
- How to Apply for 2021 Anglo American Bursar Engineering
- How to Apply for 2021 Anglo American Supply Chain Internships
More Job Vacancies:
- Sol Plaatje University (SPU) Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- TymeBank Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- CSIR Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- CMT Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- SMU Internship 2021 | How to Apply
- Busamed Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Woolworths Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Lovedale TVET College Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- UKZN Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- NWU Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- National Treasury Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- SAB Miller Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- SASSA Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- PEP Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- SANDF Application Form 2022 – Pdf View
- Legal Aid Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Fidelity Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Shoprite Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Sun International Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- South Africa Department of Defence (SANDF) Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Oprah Winfrey School Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Johannesburg Water Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Coca-Cola Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Sol Plaatje Municipality Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Department of Home Affairs Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>