We pleased to present to you an updated list of Western Cape Government latest vacancies for October 2021 and how to apply. It involves the Job titles, roles/responsibilities, requirements and the salary involved.
Every year the Western Cape Government publishes vacant position for interested & qualified South African citizens to apply for. This year is not an exception. Therefore the Jobs are listed below together with their requirements, roles, salary and qualifications.
This Circular is published on a weekly basis and contains the advertisements of vacant posts and jobs in Western Cape Government. Although the Circular is issued by the Western Cape Government Team is not responsible for the content of the advertisements. Inquiries about an advertisement must be addressed to the relevant advertising department.
WESTERN CAPE GOVERNMENT CAREER (VACANT) POSITIONS, ROLES, REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
1. Community Development Practitioner: Community Development Services (Breede Valley)
- The Department of Social Development, Western Cape Government has an opportunity for suitably qualified and competent individual to facilitate the identification, planning and implementation of integrated and transformative social development programs in partnership with key stakeholders for the effective empowerment of human and social capital through a community development approach towards sustainable livelihoods. This post is based in Breede Valley.
- Grade 1: An appropriate 3-year tertiary qualification (National Diploma/B-Degree or higher); No experience required.
- Grade 2: An appropriate 3-year tertiary qualification( National Diploma/B-Degree or higher); A minimum of 10 years appropriate experience in Community Development work after obtaining the required tertiary qualification.
- Grade 3: An appropriate 3-year tertiary qualification( National Diploma/B-Degree or higher); A minimum of 20 years appropriate experience in Community Development work after obtaining the required tertiary qualification.
Key Performance Areas
- Identify and facilitate the implementation of integrated community development interventions in partnership with the community and other relevant stakeholders; Liaise and co-ordinate with all relevant role players, internal and external and stakeholders (e.g. in departments/provinces, NGOs, local community structures and faith-based organisations) to facilitate collaboration and to establish partnerships to ensure the sustainability of development actions within the community; Support communities and perform administrative support on community development and related activities; Keep up to date with new developments in the community development field to enhance service delivery.
- Knowledge of the following: Community development work, skills, attitudes and values of communities; Human behaviour and social systems and legislation to assist with interventions at the points where people interact with their environments in order to promote self-empowerment; The ability and competence to co-ordinate community development structures and ability to manage projects; The ability to influence individuals and group to participate in their own self-empowerment ventures; The understanding of social dynamics of communities; Presentation skills; Proven computer literacy; Written and verbal communication skills; Facilitation skills; Research skills; Knowledge and understanding of basic Financial Management.
- Grade 1: R 217 659 – 252,327;
- Grade 2: R 265,320 – R 307,569;
- Grade 3: R 323,253 – R 432 459 per annum, (OSD as prescribed).
2. Assistant Director: Provincial Skills Partnership
- The Department of Economic Development and Tourism, Western Cape Government has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and competent individual to develop and maintain the Provincial Skills Development Strategy. This post is based in Cape Town, CBD.
- An appropriate 3-year tertiary qualification (B-Degree/Advanced Diploma or higher); A minimum of 3 years administrative experience; A valid driving licence (Code B or higher).
- Management level experience.
Key Performance Areas
- Provide support in the following: The development of methodologies to narrow the gap between the demand and supply in various economic sectors; Partnership with economic skills and academic stakeholders; The Skills Ecosystem. Ensure Human Resource Management and Financial Management.
- Knowledge of the following: Applicable policies, legislation, guidelines, standards, procedures and best practices; Management principles; Public service procedures; People Management and Labour relations processes; Financial systems; Budgeting processes; Asset Management and Intervention Control. Skills needed: Problem solving; Sound Budgeting; Cash flow development; Facilitation; Presentation; Organising and Planning, Dispute resolution; Conflict management; Project management; Networking and linking; Decision making; Communication (written and verbal); Analytical. Ability to interpret and apply relevant policies and procedures.
- R 376 596 per annum (Salary Level 9)
Note on remuneration:
- Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc. MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed. Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
HOW TO APPLY FOR WESTERN CAPE GOVERNMENT JOBS
A. Application phase
- Visit www.westerncape.gov.za/jobs and find a job title or area of work that interests you.
- Make sure you meet all the requirements and that you have enough time to submit your application and supporting documents.
- Follow the instructions on the page and a system profile if you’re a first-time applicant on the site, or login with your details if you have previously registered. If you’re an existing user, update your details and documents where necessary.
- Complete online job application form and answer all the questions honestly. Once you’re satisfied with you application, make sure your CV is updated and then submit it.* If you need technical assistance in submitting your online job application make use of the following contact details between 8:00 am to 4 pm, Mondays to Fridays:
- Western Cape Department of Health: 012 667 4886/ See advert details.
- Western Cape Education Department : 0861 923 322
- All other departments: 0861 370 202 or send an email to [email protected].
The Western Cape Government will need the following information when you submit an enquiry: email address used to create your profile, ID number, contact number, desired email address you want to use going forward, and a brief explanation of the issue you’re experiencing.
Alternatively you can visit one of the Cape Access e-centres or our Contact Centre in Wale Street, Cape Town or the Western Cape Education Department, Grand Central Towers, Cape Town where helpful staff will assist you.
Please note: For enquiries regarding a specific position, please contact the enquiries person as indicated on the advert.
B. Shortlisting phase
- Once the closing date has been reached, all qualifying applications will be reviewed and applicants will be shortlisted. If you’ve been shortlisted, you’ll be invited to an interview.
- You will also be required to complete a Z83 form and supply certified copies of your ID and qualifications, as well as other documentation.
C. Interview phase
- At your interview, you’ll be greeted by a panel, who will ask you various questions relating to the position, as well as your employment history and personal interests. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions.
- After all candidates have been interviewed, the panel will confer and decide who the individual best-suited to the position is.
D. Acceptance phase
- The successful candidate will be contacted and offered an acceptance letter or a letter of appointment. The candidate will need to sign and return the acceptance letter within five working days.
- If you have not received any feedback within three months of the closing date of the job advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Community Safety
- Cultural Affairs & Sport
- Department Of Economic Development & Tourism
- Department Of The Premier
- Environmental Affairs & Development Planning
- Human Settlements
- Local Government
- Provincial Treasury
- Social Development
- Transport & Public Works
- For the Department of Health, please go to https://www.westerncape.gov.za/jobs/health
- For the Department of Education, please go to https://wcedonline.westerncape.gov.za/branchCS/Vacancy-Lists/index_vacancy.html
How to apply online OR Create an Account/Profile on the Western Cape Government Job website
- You will need to have your own valid email address and mobile number. Enter these at the top of the page
- Choose a password that will be easy for you to remember
- Enter your First Name, Surname, SA citizenship and ID/work permit/passport number
- Click SIGN UP button
- Click on the link in the email to verify your email address
- Only the CV is required
- Your CV should preferably be in MS Word or PDF
- The maximum file size allowed is 750kb
- Other attachments are optional (you can upload them later if needed)
- You will be required to answer some additional questions related to this specific job
- If you are not sure, go to MY APPLICATIONS (in the left-hand menu) and check the status of your applications
- Only online applications will be considered unless a manual/offline process is provided in the job advertisement
- Only applications made on this website will be accepted
- Kindly note that technical support is only available from Monday to Friday (8:30 to 16.00)
- Should you experience any difficulties with your online application you may contact the helpline at 0861 370 202
- No emailed CV’s will be accepted as an application.
- Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered.
- Applications should reach the Western Cape Government Management on time. As it is based on first-come first-serve basis.
More Job Vacancies:
- Department of Education Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Ekurhuleni Municipality Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- WITS RHI Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- SAMHS Application Form 2021 – Pdf View
- Z83 Application Form 2021 – Pdf View
- Gibela Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Glencore Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Buffalo City TVET College Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- WITS Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Nkangala TVET College Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Department Of Military Veterans Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Sol Plaatje Municipality Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Sappi Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- City of Cape Town Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- UCT Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- SEDA Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- NYDA Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- UFS Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Pioneer Foods Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Sasol Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- COJ Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- PathCare Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- Western Cape Government Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- RCL Foods Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- VKB Latest Jobs and Recruitment >>>