The application for the Department of Physics and Astronomy STFC Studentship for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open by University of Manchester for all International Students in UK.
The University of Manchester hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2023/2024 Scholarship. The University of Manchester has set-up a tertiary scholarship to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Postgraduate research. The university will provide financial support for high achieving candidates.The Department of Physics and Astronomy will provide various awards for a fully funded studentship, including: Tuition fees at home or international rate and Annual maintenance stipend equivalent to UKRI minimum stipend.
University of Manchester has allocated scholarship specifically for the following fields below.
The University of Manchester and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the Department of Physics and Astronomy STFC Studentship, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
STFC STUDENTSHIP APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- The scholarship will be awarded for postgraduate research in the Astronomy and Astrophysics, Physics, and Astronomy subjects at the Department of Physics and Astronomy.
Eligible criteria are:
- All nationalities
- The studentship is open to all nationalities and will interest students who want to research physics and astronomy.
- This funding is available to students undertaking full-time or part-time modes of study.
- Before applying for this funding, they must hold an offer of study at the University of Manchester.
- Funding is available for overseas students for the 3.5 years postgraduate research program.
- Candidates must hold (or be about to obtain) a minimum of a 2i class UK masters honors degree, or international equivalent, or a first-class bachelor’s degree with an additional master’s degree, or international equivalent.
- Candidates with a first-class bachelor’s degree or international equivalent with proven research experience may also be considered.
- Candidates must meet the English language requirements at the University of Manchester.
HOW TO APPLY FOR STFC STUDENTSHIP
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement include:
- Two academic references
- Official transcripts
- Research proposal
- A copy of your passport
- Evidence of English language ability
- School Funding Application form.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 31 March, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.