The application for the Development Scholarships for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open by Charles University for Undergraduate and Masters Students in Czech Republic.
The Charles University hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2023/2024 Scholarship. The Charles University has set-up a tertiary scholarship to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree Program. The university will provide financial support for high achieving candidates. Through this award, learners will receive a rebate of school fees for their first semester of study, as well as a one-time lump-sum payment of CZK 75 000 (approx. EUR 3 000) to selected students to support the student’s necessary living costs. Charles University has allocated scholarship specifically for the following fields below.
The Charles University and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the Development Scholarships, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
DEVELOPMENT SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- Programs are awarded to pursue bachelor and masters degree program in any subjects offered by the university.
Eligible criteria are:
- Students from developing countries from developing countries (Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea, Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this study.
- Applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria: This is open for all pupils from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition, who are applying for study in one of our Bachelor’s studies or Master’s studies programs at FSV UK from academic year 2018/19.
- For admission at the university, all candidates must have the A-levels in General Studies and the minimum GPA requirement for admission.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
HOW TO APPLY FOR DEVELOPMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement include:
- Holders must be submitting the Motivation essay of more than 1000 words, explaining why they needed the study, and what they expected from their studies at Charles University. Submit two letters of recommendation of teachers, including the confirmation of the student’s financial requirement. All documents submitted must be originals and written in the English language, or accompanied by certified translations. (Important: All scholarship applicants must also lodge an online application for their selected study program and note the name of the program on their application.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 30 April, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.