The application for the Excellence Master Fellowships for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open by University of Geneva for all International Students in Switzerland.
The University of Geneva hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2023/2024 Scholarship. The University of Geneva has set-up a tertiary scholarship to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Masters degree program. The university will provide financial support for high achieving candidates. The Excellence Fellowship consists of a grant amounting to CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000/year (no teaching duties); it is awarded for one year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s program (three or four semesters) provided the applicant is academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies. University of Geneva has allocated scholarship specifically for the following fields below.
The University of Geneva and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the Excellence Master Fellowships, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
EXCELLENCE MASTER FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- Fellowships are awarded in any discipline available within the Faculty of science. They cover a broad range of scientific disciplines: astronomy, biology, chemistry and biochemistry, computer science, mathematics, physics, pharmaceutical sciences, earth sciences, and the environment.
Eligible criteria are:
- Students of any country can apply for these excellence master fellowships.
- The fellowship is open to outstanding and highly motivated students who wish to pursue a Master of Science degree in one of the disciplines covered by the Faculty.
HOW TO APPLY FOR EXCELLENCE MASTER FELLOWSHIPS
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement include:
- A scan of your national identity card or passport.
- A scan of your UNIGE card or if you are not yet a UNIGE student, the mail of the central administration named “accuse-reception de votre demande d’immatriculation” (proof you have started the matriculation process).
- A Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum).
- The transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with all grades.
- A motivation letter in which you describe your specific scientific interests and your motivation to pursue a Master of Science program at the University of Geneva.
- If possible: Letters of references from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to Excellence-Master-Sciences@unige.ch) attesting your aptitude to this program.
- Any other pertinent information like results of GRE (General requirement examination), or TOEFL or other language tests.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before March 15, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.