This Article contains information on the France Visa Application and Immigration Requirements: 2019. France, in Western Europe, encompasses medieval cities, alpine villages and Mediterranean beaches. Paris, its capital, is famed for its fashion houses, classical art museums, including the Louvre and monuments like the Eiffel Tower. The country is also renowned for its wines and sophisticated cuisine.
Yearly, many people travel to France for numerous reasons either for tourism, business, study, visit or immigration. Depending on the purpose of the trip to France, there are different types of visas that apply to the occasion.
So before applying for a France Schengen visa, it is necessary to know the France Schengen visa requirements and which of the visa category that you are eligible for.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR AN AUSTRIA VISA APPLICATION
The following documents are required for French visa application:
- Download the France Visa Application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the France Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required
- Travel visa insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within France and the entire Schengen area. In order to apply for a French visa, the French embassy/consulate requires a Schengen travel insurance policy that is valid in all Schengen countries. French embassy/consulate also requires the confirmation of coverage letter as the proof of coverage to be submitted along with other requested documents and France visa application.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of a visit to France and itinerary
- Flight ticket reservations.
- Proof of accommodation for your entire stay in France.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay. As the European Commission specifies, any foreigner seeking to enter France, since 19 June 2014, when applying for France Visa must be able attesting to the France Embassy or Consulate possessing the daily money amount of 120€ if holding no proof of prepaid accommodation. If the applicant has a prepaid hotel, then this amount reduces to 65€/daily for the period of covered hotel accommodation, while the rest is 120€. Also, in case the applicant proofs cheaper forms of accommodation the amount decreases to 32.25€/ day.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave approval letter from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your French Visa application.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE MOST FREQUENT PURPOSES OF THE AUSTRIAN VISA APPLICATION
French Tourist/Visitor Visa:
- Invitation letter from your family or friends in France with the address and phone number – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
France Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the French company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
France Visa for Medical Purposes
France Visa for Medical Purposes is destined for foreigners who need to enter and stay in a French territory temporarily to get a medical treatment in a medical institution located in a French territory. Typically this visa type is issued to foreigners who cannot get the appropriate healthcare in their home country.
Apart from the general requirements, the following are the specific additional documents to apply for this French visa type:
- A Letter of invitation from the medical institution, or, A Formal Agreement of the French Hospital for Patient’s Admission – Both documents must include information such as the aim of the foreign patient’s consult, his/her current diagnosis, information about the therapy to take, the length of it, the appointment date, medical costs involved, the main doctor in charge, and so on. For critical or emergent cases, the invitation letter must be enclosed together with a formal confirmation from the medical institution – stating the readiness to treat the patient on a specific date of arrival.
- Evidence of a Prepaid or Covered Medical Treatment
- Payment receipt of medical fees from the French Hospital – A letter affirming the costs of the patient’s treatment are already covered.
- Detailed information on medical treatment fee – issued by the medical institution’s financial department (for uncovered medical treatment)
- A bank transfer slip confirming the payment of a medical treatment fee (for prepaid medical treatment of the applicant)
- A guarantee letter from the applicant – An affirmation certificate to assure the patient’s capacity to cope with the extra medical costs (when expecting unforeseen costs of medical treatment to happen)
Verbal note from the Embassy of the home country of the applicant in France, or, Verbal Note from the Ministry of Health of the home country
The formal document must declare the readiness of the relevant government of the applicant’s home country to cover his medical treatment costs (for covered medical treatment by the Government of the home country of the applicant)
- A Letter of Confirmation from the Employer – i.e. A Bank Statement of the Employer – A letter confirming the employer’s financial capability to cover his employee’s medical treatment in a French territory (for covered medical treatment by the Employer of the applicant) – if applicable
- Birth Certificate (for a minor applicant) – The certificate must be provided in original accompanied with a copy
- Letter of Consent from the Other Parent (for a minor applicant travelling with one parent) – A formal document from a parent, translated in a French language and notarized, stating he/she has no objection about his child travelling
- Letter of Consent from the Both Parents (for a minor applicant travelling with a third person) – A formal document from both parents, translated in a French language and notarized, stating they have no objection about his child travelling.
- Copies of Valid Schengen Visas (of accompanying parent, parents or third person of a minor).
- Medical Report from A Doctor In Charge Of Treatment in the Country of Residence of The Applicant.
- Confirmed Hotel Reservation or Confirmed Accomodation in the Medical Clinic (for accompanying persons of the applicant).
- A certificate from the national medical authority for the incapacity of the country to offer the appropriate medical treatment for the applicant’s condition.
- Registration Certificate of the patient in the national list for organs and cornea transplant issued by the medical and surgical team performing the transplant (In case of transplant).
France Visa for Culture, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit, expense coverage
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay in France
- Travel itinerary while in France
France Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay in France
- Place of accommodation in France
France Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrolment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
France Visa For The Wife/Husband of a French citizen:
- Proof of French citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of French nationality or naturalization order)
- French marriage certificate
- French family record book
French Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
France Visa for Underage Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at the French embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Please consult with the French Embassy in your country for the updated French Visa requirements!
- Click here to Learn how to write a perfect Invitation letter for Visa Application
- Click here to Learn how to write a cover letter for Visa Application