This article contains information on How to Write a Cover Letter for Visa Application. Some embassies make it important for visitors to write a cover letter for visa application. Although some doesn’t really need you to submit one. In case it is needed, your cover letter for a visa could impress the consul for him or her to grant your visa application.
There must be a reason why you want to travel, whatever the reason is, you will need a visa and it must be in accordance with your reason for traveling.
WHY IS COVER LETTER NECESSARY FOR VISA APPLICATION?
It is important to understand why a cover letter is important as a supporting document for visa application. Below are some important points to note before writing a visa cover letter.
- The cover letter gives an overview of your visa application even before the consul goes through your documents.
- The cover letter gives your travel intentions; locations, duration, and purpose.
- Your letter helps to connect with the consul in a more personalized way.
- The letter also helps acts as an assurance to the claims made in your application form that is filled.
- Visa cover letter makes your application professional.
Some people go the extent of hiring a lawyer to help them write such cover letter. But as you read on, you will know how to write a cover letter for visa application.
HOW LONG SHOULD A VISA SAMPLE LETTER BE?
Your cover letter should be able to say everything about you. It should give information about your intention for traveling, duration, location, and purpose.
A cover letter for a visa cannot cover everything you have filled in the application form and attached documents. It is just an accompanying letter that leads your visa application.
Keep it short, a page or two at most is okay.
WHAT YOU SHOULD INCLUDE IN YOUR VISA COVER LETTER
There are different formats for writing a visa cover letter. A study visa covering letter will be quite different from a tourist or business visa covering letter. Here is a general approach to writing a cover letter.
- The subject line indicating the kind of visa you are applying for.
- A brief introduction about yourself, mentioning your travel intentions, the dates and locations. You can also explain why you need that specific type of visa.
- In the next paragraph, you can include the names and relationship of people traveling with you (if any).
- Thereafter, list down every other supporting document that is attached to your visa application.
- In conclusion, mention your address and phone number(s) which they can reach you with if need be.
HOW TO WRITE A COVER LETTER FOR VISA APPLICATION
Your cover letter is a formal letter and as such such carry a formal tone. You write to inform and not to impress the consul or whoever is at the receiving end.
Address – You start with your address and ensure it tallies with the one you used in the visa application form.
Date – There are different format for writing a date. It is advisable you use the format the country use in the form.
Addressee – This is the address of the person at the receiving end. Ensure you get the correct address of the consulate. Any mistake here can dent your application. You can verify the address on the internet before writing your visa cover letter.
The Salutation – The consul is the represents the interest of the country you are applying to in your own country. The consul determines whether you are worthy of being offered a visa or not. Although the first of recipient is always advocated. But since the consul is in the office for a while, he or she might get changed even before the letter gets there. To stay safe, ascertain whether the consul is a she or a he, or rather use Sir/Madam.
Title – State it boldly on the letter before you continue with the body of the letter e.g. Application for Malaysia Tourist Visa, Application for Schengen Visa, Application for Canadian Student Visa.
The body of the Letter – This where you state who you are and your intent for the application. You should also state you attached documents and other things necessary.
Conclusion – Simply conclude by thanking the consul and state your hope or confidence as the case may be that you will be granted the visa.
Closing – your signature, name and contact number.
Sample Cover Letter For Visa Application
Here is a sample of a standard cover letter for visa application
7, Jungle Road
Christian Service Center
January 17, 2019
The Consulate General
Australian High Commission
Riverside Drive (400m off Chiromo Road) PO Box 39341-00623
APPLICATION FOR AUSTRSLIAN TOURIST VISA
I, Mike Stephens hereby apply for a Schengen Visa to cover my planned trip from Australia, Denmark and Netherland. The trip is scheduled for March 13 to March 22, 2019. I decided to apply through your honourable consulate because Berlin will be my point of entry while Munich will be my point of exit.
My friend, Emmanuel Sevy, whom I will stay with at Sydney, is an immigrant working with DAAD Group (his documents attached). The purpose of my visit is tourism as I plan to visit the historic Berlin wall and Museum Island. I planned to take exciting pictures for memorial.
My itinerary is as follows:
|13-14||Berlin, Germany||2, Seyditz Street, Berlin.|
|15-16||Copenhagen, Denmark||Absalon Hotel, Copenhagen|
|18-22||Munich||Hotel ibis Muenchen City|
I herewith attached the following documents for your perusal:
- Fully filled application form for Schengen visa
- Flight tickets confirmation sheets
- Proofed of booked hotel accommodation outside Berlin accommodation
- Proof of employment in Ghana
- Printed six months statement of account with two banks
- Data page of Emmanuel Sevy international passport/data page of his immigration visa
- Letter of invitation from Emmanuel Sevy.
- Insurance policy covering the period.
I hope you will find everything in order. In case of any clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me for enquiries on my itinerary. Thank you for taking time to go through my application. I hope to receive favourable response from you soon.
+23324 222 3344