This Article contains information on the Singapore Visa Application and Immigration Requirements – 2019. Singapore, officially the Republic of Singapore, is a global city in Southeast Asia. Singapore was occupied by Japan during World War 2. Today, it is titled as “the easiest place to do business” by the World Bank.
Yearly, many people travel to Singapore for numerous reasons either for tourism, business, study, visit or immigration. Depending on the purpose of the trip to Singapore, there are different types of visas that apply to the occasion.
So before applying for a Singapore visa, it is necessary to know the Singapore visa requirements and which of the visa category that you are eligible for.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A SINGAPORE VISA APPLICATION
The following documents are required for the Singapore visa application:
- A duly filled visa application form.
- Validity – 6 months
- A clear photocopy of passport first, last & any observation page.
- Two recent colour photographs
- Passport copy of the Invitee
- 6 months bank Statement
- Confirmed return air ticket
- Original covering letter including the purpose of visit, date of travel, no of passengers, details of land itinerary, place of stay in Singapore and applicant’s employment details..
- Passports issued from other states needs to submit any two stay roofs from the below mentioned.
- Lease & License Agreement
- Last three month updated bank statement
- Address proof in the companies letter head (Original)
- Electricity bill of last month
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Singapore Visa application.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE MOST FREQUENT PURPOSES OF THE SINGAPORE VISA APPLICATION
Singapore Tourist/Visitor Visa additional requirements:
- All documents in common documents required
- If invited by family or friends then an invitation letter from your family/friends in Singapore
- Sponsorship letter & financials of the sponsor are required if the applicant is traveling alone and is unemployed
Singapore Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Singapore company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- Duly completed Form14A (PDF, 52KB) signed by you.Your visa application shall be made based on the information declared in this form. ICA may request for the form to be submitted.
- Your recent passport-sized colour photograph taken within the last three months.
- A photocopy of your passport biodata page (valid for at least six months from the date of your entry into Singapore)
Singapore Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Switzerland, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Singapore Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- Your valid passport. You have to submit a copy of particular pages of passport
- You must carry the departure/arrival card granted on entry into Singapore. If you have been residing in Singapore on other long term passes, you have to bring along that pass as well;
- One recent color passport-sized photograph (taken on white background);
- The printout of eForm 16 submitted through SOLAR (duly signed by the applicant);
- If your documents are in native language, you must get an official English translation of the documents.
- A copy of the in-principle approval letter; and
- A medical report in the prescribed format (available on ICA’s website).
*Note: When applying at the Singapore embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Please consult the Singapore Embassy in your country for the updated Singapore Visa requirements!