This Article contains information on the Luxembourg Visa Application and Immigration Requirements – 2019. Luxembourg, officially the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, is a landlocked country in western Europe. It is one of the most civilized countries in the world.
Yearly, many people travel to Luxembourg for numerous reasons either for tourism, business, study, visit or immigration. Depending on the purpose of the trip to Luxembourg, there are different types of visas that apply to the occasion.
So before applying for a Luxembourg Schengen visa, it is necessary to know the Luxembourg Schengen visa requirements and which of the visa category that you are eligible for.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A LUXEMBOURG VISA APPLICATION
The following documents are required for the Luxembourg visa application:
- Download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Luxembourg and the entire Schengen area
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Luxembourg and itinerary
- Flight itinerary reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Luxembourg
- Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Luxembourg.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Luxembourg . A foreigner is obliged to provide such proof of sufficient financial means, the moment applying for a Swiss Visa to the Luxembourg Embassy or Consulate.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No-objection certificate from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- Leave approval letter from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Luxembourg Visa application.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE MOST FREQUENT PURPOSES OF THE LUXEMBOURG VISA APPLICATION
Luxembourg Tourist/Visitor Visa additional requirements:
- Invitation letter from your family or friends in Luxembourg with the address and phone number – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Luxembourg Schengen Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Luxembourg company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Luxembourg Schengen Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Luxembourg, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Luxembourg Schengen Visa for Culture, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Travel itinerary
Luxembourg Schengen Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay
- Place of accommodation
Luxembourg Schengen Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
Luxembourg Schengen Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Swiss citizen:
- Proof of Luxembourg citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Swiss nationality or naturalization order)
- Luxembourg marriage certificate
- Luxembourg family record book
Luxembourg Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
Luxembourg Schengen Visa for Underage Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at the Luxembourg embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Please consult the Luxembourg Embassy in your country for the updated Luxembourg Visa requirements!
- Click here to Learn how to write a perfect Invitation letter for Visa Application
- Click here to Learn how to write a cover letter for Visa Application