This article contains information on Gulu University, GU online and hard copy application forms for 2022/2023 admission as well as steps on how to Apply. It also contains the Gulu University, GU Application form download link as well as its online application where necessary.
This article contains information on the Gulu University, GU Uganda Application form and requirements for admission into Undergraduate Degree, Diploma Programmes and Postgraduate degree programs for the 2022/2023 academic year.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified SCHOOL LEAVERS, NON-SCHOOL LEAVERS and SPECIAL CASES.
GULU UNIVERSITY, GU ADMISSION APPLICATION GUIDELINES
The application form must be fully filled and the relevant academic documents attached. It must be filled online through the university admission portal according to the set deadline dates obtained from the Admissions office.
Gulu University, GU Application Procedure
Gulu University, GU Uganda offers postgraduate courses at Masters and Diploma levels besides those offered at undergraduate levels. Prospective students should apply through the online admissions portal before the deadline date as it is communicated by the Admissions office. Late applications are only accepted if the program space allows. These should be received no later than two weeks after the start of the appropriate semester; OR not later than a week after the beginning of a session. The admission procedure includes the Master’s Program applicants.
Application is made through filling the application form online at the admissions portal.
Once you submit your form, you must pay the application fee for your form to be processed. Otherwise, it will not be processed.
Gulu University, GU Application Portal & Forms
To access the application forms, you need to first visit the online admission portal with a valid e-mail address and an Access Code. If you already have an Access Code, you may continue with the login.
Kindly Follow the Gulu University Online Application Guide Below
Step 1: Preliminary – First thing first
Note: Online application requires that you have copies of UCE result slip, UACE result slip, Diploma and/or Degree transcripts (where applicable) or the equivalent.
- Go to the University website by typing gu.ac.ug on the address bar of your browser.
- Click Academic Registrar and then click Online Applications from the dropdown menu.
(iii) Check the admission Minimum Entry Requirements for 2022/2023.
Step 2: Accessing the Online Application Portal
- After reading the Minimum Entry requirements for the Academic Year 2022/2023, either type admissions.gu.ac.ug in the address bar of your browser to go directly to the online application portal OR
- Type gu.ac.ug in the address bar of your browser to go to Gulu University’s website; and then click Academic Registrar >> Online Applications >> Apply Now to get to the same online application portal.
Step 3: Sign Up Process
NOTE: Here you are expected to FIRST sign up before attempting to login (signing up applies only to first-time users). Returning users should provide their login details and click login.
- Sign up by clicking on the Sign Up Now button as below:
- A signup form requiring you to enter your Surname, Other Names, Mobile Number and E-mail will appear as shown below:
- Enter your personal details (surname, other names…) as they appear in your official academic documents.
- Click the I’m not a robot checkbox and click sign up
- A default password will be sent, as a text message, to the mobile phone number you provided.
- The system will prompt you to change the password to one you can easily remember.
- Please, when prompted by the system, change your password to what you can easily remember but one which cannot easily be guessed by another person.
Step 4: Login process
- Enter the email address you provided and the password you changed to and click Login.
- You will see the screen as shown below:
Step 5: Filling Application Form
- Click on the Apply Now button displayed on the right-hand side of the scheme you are applying for.
Note: Be sure of the scheme you are applying for. (E.g. Undergraduate Direct Entry, Mature Entry, Graduate Entry etc.).
- Follow the instructions on the form you are filling to complete the form.
- If you successfully complete your form with the right information, click SUBMIT FORM at the bottom of the form as shown below:
Note: If you don’t provide information in a mandatory field marked with red asterisk (*), you will not be able to submit the form. Instead, you will receive an error message at the top of the form as shown below: (The message reads: “INVALID! You need to fill in the required fields before submitting the form.”)
- If you receive such a message, scroll the form and find the field highlighted red as shown below.
Provide the required information and then click SUBMIT FORM.
Step 6: Pay for the Application Form
- Once you submit your form, you must pay the application fee for your form to be processed. Otherwise, it will not be processed.
- (b) So, click on the Pay For Form button on the left as shown below.
- If you have a printer, click PRINT PAYSLIP at the bottom of the Application Payment Advice Slip that would have popped up as shown below: OR, you may copy ZEEPAY REFERENCE NUMBER highlighted red and go to any of the listed banks on the Application payment advice slip and pay the application fee.
Step 7: Checking the status of a completed and paid for form
- After depositing your application fee in one of the designated banks, log into your Online Application Portal.
- The status of your form should look as below:
- If you have paid and the payment status still reads “Application fee payment for this form is pending”, contact the bank where you deposited the application fee and have it corrected.
- Otherwise, you may now Log out.